An overview of Principal People
Established over 32 years ago, we were the first dedicated UK Health & Safety recruitment agency.
Our purpose is to make the world a safer place. We are fortunate enough to recruit in a space with is ethically robust and incredibly interesting; the candidates we place have developed careers in ensuring the safety and wellbeing of a workforce. Health and Safety encompasses a number of business-critical issues facing the modern workforce, from the prevention of and safeguarding against accidents, injuries and work-related health issues, mental wellbeing, and ultimately ensuring mental and physical safety and welfare in the workplace.
In 2010, our MD Simon Bliss bought the business and with a team of just 3; set about completely rebuilding and rebranding the organisation to create what it is today.
Here is a quick snapshot of our success over the most recent years of the business;
- 2010 - Simon Bliss bought the business and began working on the rebranding of the organisation.
- 2011 - Josh Huggins joined the business as a Recruitment Consultant (promoted to Director in 2015).
- 2012 - In November, we moved to luxurious premises in Farnborough, due to company expansion.
- 2013 - Continued to develop our hand-picked team; growing by 30%.
- Drove forward our differentiator as a business with our continued focus on candidate attraction.
- 2014 - Retained industry renowned expert Denise Walker and began the incredible Growth Accelerator programme.
- Doubled profit from 2013.
- Further expansion of the team with continued focus on our contract and interim desk.
- 2015 - Tara Waterman (has since been promoted to Operations Director) joins the business as Talent Manager, to manage training and development, in addition to internal recruitment
- 2016 - Expanded our high performing team by 60% and relocated again to larger, luxurious offices in Farnborough
- Principal People were acquired by JuhlerGroup, making international travel a reality for those who have ambition to do so
- Trebled profit from 2015
- 2017 - Grew our team organically by a further 40%
- 2018 - We had a record-breaking year last year, achieving outstanding results with the team in a fantastic shape. We celebrated Christmas with our second company wide get-away of the year, enjoying an extended break in a luxury Sunningdale villa. Moving into 2019 and looking back over the previous 9 years; we felt very fortunate indeed to have built such a special business with a truly high performing team (who each happen to be amazing people).
- 2019 - HERE WE GO! With January already in full swing, we are gearing up for our next recruitment intake, during which we will grow the team by a further 7. We have already moved up two floors in our beautiful building and have just reshaped the office to cater for our growth.
- We have already made one significant promotion for the year, with Naz Bhad appointed as our Contract Manager.
We are so proud of our glassdoor review rating of 4.8/5 stars. If you are interested in reading our reviews, please click here.
Here's what our employee's have to say
“I love working for Principal People because of the opportunities the business has offered me professionally and personally. Principal People always has and continues to help, support and develop me as a successful professional.” George Wilson, Team Leader
“Fantastic company built by incredible people.” Sean Flower, Associate Consultant
“Principal People has been the best company I have worked for. The training and support given by everybody within the business is paramount to the success of the company. Everybody is highly active and willing to assist where they can and the directors are always happy to offer some personal support when you need it. The culture is fantastic and that is led from the Directors down, and the incentives make everybody pull together to work as a team.” Shelby Elson, Associate Consultant