An overview of Principal People
Established over 32 years ago, we were the first dedicated UK Health & Safety recruitment agency.
Our purpose is to make the world a safer place. We are fortunate enough to recruit in a space with is ethically robust and incredibly interesting; the candidates we place have developed careers in ensuring the safety and wellbeing of a workforce. Health and Safety encompasses a number of business-critical issues facing the modern workforce, from the prevention of and safeguarding against accidents, injuries and work-related health issues, mental wellbeing, and ultimately ensuring mental and physical safety and welfare in the workplace.
In 2010, our MD Simon Bliss bought the business and with a team of just 3; set about completely rebuilding and rebranding the organisation to create what it is today.
Here is a quick snapshot of our success over the most recent years of the business;
- 2010 - Simon Bliss bought the business and began working on the rebranding of the organisation.
- 2011 - Josh Huggins joined the business as a Recruitment Consultant (promoted to Director in 2015).
- 2012 - In November, we moved to luxurious premises in Farnborough, due to company expansion.
- 2013 - Continued to develop our hand-picked team; growing by 30%.
- Drove forward our differentiator as a business with our continued focus on candidate attraction.
- 2014 - Retained industry renowned expert Denise Walker and began the incredible Growth Accelerator programme.
- Doubled profit from 2013.
- Further expansion of the team with continued focus on our contract and interim desk.
- 2015 - Tara Waterman (has since been promoted to Operations Director) joins the business as Talent Manager, to manage training and development, in addition to internal recruitment
- 2016 - Expanded our high performing team by 60% and relocated again to larger, luxurious offices in Farnborough
- Principal People were acquired by JuhlerGroup, making international travel a reality for those who have ambition to do so
- Trebled profit from 2015
- 2017 - Grew our team organically by a further 40%
- 2018 - We have enjoyed an incredible first three quarters of 2018, with 10 new members of the team successfully integrated and exceeding our profit ambitions