OverviewPrincipal People are delighted to be recruiting for an exciting and significant Head of Health and Safety position to join one of UK’s leading Infrastructure contractors. This position will offer the successful candidate a unique opportunity to work within a high profile organisation who have a national portfolio.
A strategic and operational position, the successful Head of Health and Safety will work closely with all levels of the organisation to develop and implement the Health and Safety strategy.
Taking responsibility for the strategic development and improvement of the Health and Safety function, the successful candidate will take the lead and maintain an excellent Health and Safety culture. This significant but hugely positive challenge will include supporting the business to achieve best practice in all aspects of HSEQ, maintaining and developing management systems and manage and develop a large team.
This hybrid and autonomous position will have opportunities to work from home and will require travel to sites and offices across the UK.
Key responsibilities of this Head of Health and Safety include:
- Support in the development and implementation of the HSEQ strategy
- Lead and develop a team of Health and Safety professionals
- Assist in the review and continuous improvement of the ISO Management systems
- Review HSEQ performance including the output of certain activities, to identify root cause analysis and corrective actions needed
- Providing leadership and expertise to all operational teams across the business on all Health and Safety matters
- Support the business to ensure continual improvement
- Regularly visiting key offices, sites and the H&S team.
The successful Head of Health and Safety will hold:
- Experience working in either Utilities, Power, Telecommunications, Electricity or Highways
- NEBOSH Diploma or equivalent
- Full UK Driving licence
In return the successful Head of Health and Safety will receive:
- Base salary up to £90,000 plus
- Company car or car allowance (£8.5k)
- Bonus scheme
- Private pension scheme
- Family private healthcare
- Life assurance (2x salary)
- Plus additional benefits
This is an urgent requirement and we have immediate interview availability over the coming two weeks. To ensure you don’t miss out on this excellent opportunity, please apply immediately to avoid disappointment