OverviewPrincipal People are delighted to be recruiting exclusively for an exciting and significant Head of Environment, Health & Safety position for Northern Gas Networks. This position will offer the successful candidate a unique opportunity to work as the client within a high profile and respected organisation that has a strong Safety culture woven in from senior leadership all the way through the business.
Head of Environment, Health & Safety – Northern Gas Networks
A strategic and operational position, the successful Head of Health, Safety & Environment will work closely with all levels of the organisation to develop and improve the already strong Environment, Health & Safety strategy.
Taking responsibility for the strategic development and improvement of the Environment, Health and Safety function, the successful candidate will take the lead and maintain an excellent Health and Safety culture. This significant but hugely positive challenge will include supporting the business to achieve best practice in all aspects of HSEQ and managing a team of 3 direct reports.
This hybrid and autonomous position will have opportunities to work from home and will require travel offices in Leeds and Sunderland as well as sites which are located across the North East, Cumbria & Yorkshire.
Key responsibilities of this Head of Environment, Health & Safety include:
- Support in the development and implementation of the HSEQ strategy
- Lead and develop a team of Health, Safety & Environmental professionals
- Work closely with the HSE
- Review HSEQ performance including the output of certain activities, to identify root cause analysis and corrective actions needed
- Providing leadership and expertise to all operational teams across the business on all Health, Safety & Environmental matters
- Support the business to ensure continual improvement and pro-actively solve problems
- Regularly visiting key offices, sites and the EHS team.
- Experience working within a regulated Industry such as Power & Transmission, Utilities, Rail, COMAH etc
- NEBOSH Diploma or equivalent
- Experience working closely with the HSE
- Be an autonomous Self-Starter
- Experience of managing an HSE team
- Full UK Driving licence
- Competitive salary
- Company car or car allowance
- Significant bonus scheme
- Private pension scheme
- Private healthcare
- Plus additional benefits