Manufacturing

Health and Safety Consultant

Cambridgeshire
£325 to £375
30/05/2024
Interim

Share:

Print:

Overview

Principal People are working with a Medical Devices company based in Cambridge and Oxford to recruit for a Health and Safety Consultant on a 1 day a week, 12-month contract basis. The organisation is passionate about upskilling its staff around health and safety, bringing its systems up to date and modernising the way they work in the health and safety function.

Although the contract is 1 day a week, the successful health and safety consultant will need to be flexible on this and occasionally have multiple days a week with some weeks not being needed within the organisation depending on the requirements and duties needed at the time.

Travel for the position will be split as follows, 80% of the time at their Cambridge site with the remaining 20% on the Oxford site.

Health and Safety Consultant – 12-Month Contract – Outside IR35 - £325-£375 Per Day – Cambridge – ID: 627407

The Successful Health and Safety Consultant will be responsible for:
  • Providing health and safety training to staff on site.
  • Updating policies and procedures to be consistent across their 2 sites.
  • Provide health and safety advice and support to staff as needed.
  • Updating the way they work within the health and safety to be more in line with modern ways of working.
  • Support with COSHH assessments and various other risk assessments for some of the specialist activities taking place on-site.
The Successful Heath and Safety Consultant will need:
  • NEBOSH General or equivalent.
  • Experience delivering health and safety training.
  • Experience within laboratories, low-tier COMAH sites or the medical devices industry.
  • A pragmatic approach to health and safety.
If you are interested in discussing this further, please apply today.