OverviewHealth, Safety and Fire Advisor – £40,000 rising to £45,000 (upon completion of a funded Level 4 in Fire Safety) + an additional £5,800 car allowance – Home Based
Social Housing Recruitment are working with a leading provider of housing and care, supporting those in need. They are expanding the current provision of safety, within its well-established and long-standing safety.
The team are searching for a new Health, Safety & Fire Advisor who has a comprehensive knowledge of the application of HS&F standards within the residential care sector. Duties will include conducting and reviewing fire risk assessments, safety audits and training. You will be supported by a collaborative Health & Safety Team and skilled in-house workforce to help maintain safe communities and a positive safety culture.
Why is this an exceptional opportunity?
This is an exceptional opportunity offering a unique challenge, flexible working, and a commitment to continued professional development. The association have provided funding for further CPD including courses like the FPA accredited Level 4 Diploma in Fire Safety, this is to ensure the team are leading the way on industry competency and receive true investment.
Core responsibilities will include:
- Conduct Type 1 Fire Risk Assessments and monitor follow-up recommendations.
- Investigate significant H, S & F related accidents and incidents, reporting findings and recommendations.
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with internal management and delivery teams.
- Manage the effective delivery of comprehensive H, S & F service to internal customers.
Essential requirements include:
- NEBOSH National General Certificate.
- Level 3 Fire Safety Qualification such as a NEBOSH in Fire Risk Management or FPA Fire Risk Assessing courses.
- Experience conducting type 1 FRA’s within a Care Home environment.
- Hold a full UK driving licence and have access to a vehicle.
This is a fantastic opportunity and in return the organisation offer a starting salary of £40,000, £5,800 car allowance, 25 days leave (not including BH), plus a fantastic suite of additional benefits including a home-based contract covering a small geographical area, discounted private medical cover and impressive company pension scheme.
If you are interested in this role, please do not hesitate to apply or contact the team.