OverviewPrincipal People are thrilled to offer a genuinely unique opportunity for a Health and Safety Advisor, seeking a fresh opportunity with a sought-after employer who are passionate about professional development.
The business is able to offer outstanding training and development, with the opportunity to work closely with the Group Health and Safety Manager.
Therefore, this is a great opportunity for an individual who is looking to be a part of a senior team and ready to lead within their own sector.
Foremost, you will be the health and safety point of contact for your dedicated areas, forging trusting relationships and providing advice. You’ll formalise the health and safety audit processes and procedures and carry out regular audits, making recommendations for improvements as required. You’ll keep up-to-speed with any legal and best practise developments, keep your skills
and knowledge up to date with regular training.
Health and Safety Advisor – Nr. Twickenham, West London - £43,000 to £47,000 + Package - Scientific / Engineering / Chemicals - 599659
Core responsibilities will include:
- Provide health and safety assistance and support to internal and external stakeholders.
- Conduct audits of your areas, delivering feedback and tracking action on recommendations
- Monitor updates in legislation and best practice, implementing and communicating any changes.
- Record and analyse statistical data to monitor standards and develop improvement initiatives as required.
- Deliver health and safety projects.
- Be a part of the site Emergency Response team.
- NEBOSH General Certificate or NVQ equivalent as a minimum.
- Ideally have experience of providing Health and safety within Research and Development / Engineering / Scientific / Manufacturing / Pharmaceutical or similar fields
- Experience of auditing and conducting incident investigations
- Ability to make decisions, set priorities and work autonomously