£64,099 per year
over 1 year ago
Asset Manager - £64,099 – North West London
We have been exclusively retained by Octavia Housing, an innovative independent housing association, to search for an Asset Manager
Octavia Housing was founded by Octavia Hill, a pioneer of Social Housing. The organisation is steeped in history dating back to the 1860’s when, Octavia was a co-founder of the National Trust and the first clean air campaigner for London. Her aim was to “make lives noble, homes happy and family life good”, this radiates through the company ethos and values making Octavia purposeful and very value-driven for all employees.
In more recent years, Octavia Housing have been heavily invested in numerous schemes, developments and care, including Affordable Housing, Charity Shops, Care Homes and new Development. Octavia are the leading Social Housing Developer in London, with award winning specialists in developing energy efficient Housing within an urban context. Most notably being nominated the ‘Sustainable Housing Provider of the Year’ in 2017. Octavia provide around 5000 affordable homes, providing 650 adults with support services and 20 charity shops. In addition to this the organisation have ambitious plans to build a further 200 homes per year.
The Asset Manager will lead a small team within the Asset Management Department which is responsible for determining the needs of Octavia’s stock and preparing programmes based on agreed priorities. You will lead on the procurement of Asset Management contracts to ensure maximum efficiency and value for money. You will also monitor and report on the Department’s spend against planned works budgets. You will oversee the development and maintenance of Octavia’s sustainability and asset management strategies.
Key responsibilities of the Asset Manager:
- The leadership and management of a small team, collecting, analysing and using information to support our stock investment needs.
- Ensure that data in respect Octavia’s stock, including condition, asbestos and energy-efficiency, is collected and captured on an ongoing basis to enable effective investment planning.
- Develop and maintain a programme of stock condition surveys ensuring that all stock is surveyed over a 5-year cycle.
- Effectively plan and procure Octavia’s asset investment programmes including responsive repairs, voids, cyclical, planned and major works.
- Appoint and manage consultants providing professional services in respect of Asset Management works and programmes.
The successful Asset Manager will possess:
- Proven ability to lead, manage, motivate and develop staff
- Professional membership of RICS, CIOB, IMBM, RIBA or IAM with a minimum of 3 years post-qualification experience, or the ability to demonstrate appropriate levels of knowledge through previous work experience and achievement
- Proven experience in the procurement of building contracts
- Extensive knowledge of the principles of asset management and familiarity with asset management databases
In return, the successful Asset Manager will receive a salary of £64,099 plus a great package which includes 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays, flexitime allowing you to accrue 13 days leave per year, Sabbatical leave after 3 years, annual cost of living reviews, season ticket loans, child care vouchers and much more.