£60k - 70k per year + Package
10 months ago
Head of Environment – £70k – Principal Contractor
A newly created and unique opportunity has arisen for a Head of Environment to join a nationally recognised multi-disciplinary principal contractor. Principal People are delighted to announce that we have been retained exclusively as a search partner to the business, to contribute to shaping their existing leadership team. Working across numerous sectors including civil engineering, nuclear, waste and the public sector to name a few, this is an enabling organisation which completes the full life cycle of projects and contracts.
Reporting to the SHEQ Director, with a team consisting of Environment and Sustainability Managers and Advisors reporting into this position, this is the opportunity to strategically lead within a business that prides itself on their family run culture and market leading results. This dynamic role can be based out of the organisation’s offices in London or Kent and requires an enthusiastic leader with the ability to engage with all functions of the business.
Within this rare opportunity, you will have the autonomy to shape the strategy for the environmental direction of the organisation. Having doubled their revenue in the last 5 years to nearly £200m, this fast-growing company values their employees and supports professional development at all levels.
Why this is a great opportunity:
- As it is newly created, the role comes with autonomy and the incredible opportunity to shape the role as your own
- The organisation is enjoying growth across a range of sectors, leading to an increased diversity of environmental risk and opportunities
- The role has direct access to all key stakeholders within the organisation, with impact potential with the board, reporting directly into the SHEQ Director
- You will be working for an enabling contractor who complete the full life cycle. The role will therefore be diverse, from developing strategy to supporting and driving implementation
- The organisation significantly values SHEQ within their structure, providing exponential future growth opportunities
As the Head of Environment, you will:
- Manage a team consisting of Environmental and Sustainability Managers and Advisors
- Develop and implement the Environment and Sustainability Management System
- Engage and advise Operational Directors and Senior Managers
- Undertake a range of operational duties
- Regularly engage with clients and conduct tender presentations
- Shape the environmental culture across several contracts
- Monitor and continuously improve environmental performance
The successful Head of Environment will:
- Hold an environmentally focused degree
- Have experience gained within a large principal contractor or consultancy
- Hold a membership of a relevant professional body
- Be a strategically minded individual, comfortable operating both strategically and operationally, with the ability to engage at all levels
In return, the successful Head of Environment will be offered between £60k-£70k, plus a Discretionary Bonus, Car or Car Allowance and Expensed Travel.
If this could be of interest, please apply now for your opportunity to register your application.