£18k - 22k per year
01252 759 162
27082 - NK
10 days ago
27082 - NK
Associate Recruitment Consultant
Principal People are the leading Health, Safety, Environmental, Quality, Sustainability and CSR Recruitment organisation in the UK.
We work with clients in a wide range of industry areas across the UK, Europe and Globally and work with brands such as Gucci, Balfour Beatty, Formula E, Travis Perkins, M&S, Body Shop, Deliveroo, Sky, IKEA, Heathrow Airport, Rolls Royce, Muller, Dominos, Costa Coffee, and ITV to name a few.
We have placed exceptional candidates in HSEQ, CSR and Sustainability jobs since 1986. Our enviable reputation in the industry and knowledge of our market provides solutions across the globe.
Our charitable initiative Safety4Good, which we developed alongside some of the most prominent Health and safety Leaders, helps us to raise the positive profile of the profession, whilst supporting a number of worthwhile charities and NPO’s. Personal growth and development of up-and-coming talent is key to us, and Safety4Good enables us to support the development of health and safety professionals, as well as our own incredible team.
This is an opportunity for a motivated and driven individual to take their first step into the recruitment world, to develop as a consultant responsible for managing candidate processes initially and developing through training and support into a client facing role.
In comparison to the other two types of roles that we have available at Principal People (Resourcing Partner – candidate focus & Talent Pooler – non sales related) the Associate Consultant role is more of a commercially & sales led role. Therefore, this is a perfect position for someone that is particularly financially driven and looking to progress as quickly as possible, whilst learning the recruitment process inside out.
Absolutely no previous recruitment experience is necessary as this is an entry-level position and full training will be provided, however, any customer facing, or sales related experience would be advantageous.
We are on an exciting mission over the next 3 years to grow our workforce by 60%, double our revenue and explore national and international expansion by 2025 and to do that, we need more ambitious Associate Consultants to join this mission to increase our presence in the UK and international markets.
Principal People are proud to hold a 4.8/5 rating on Glassdoor. Many of our team have become first-time (and second time) homeowners since working with us, our senior business leaders have all worked with the business for 6-10 years and we have grown by 600% since 2017. We made a profit during the COVID-19 pandemic despite the recruitment market being heavily effected, and we are now recruiting a number of roles to enable us to reach new levels of growth.
What does it mean to work in recruitment?
A simplified version of the recruitment process is finding and placing the best candidates for client / company job vacancies.
Our Recruitment Consultants spend their days building relationships with businesses and hiring managers, while our Resourcing Partners spend their time finding the right candidates for our clients.
The Associate Recruitment Consultant will mainly be responsible for:
- In the first 4-6 weeks - learning the recruitment process, the markets that we operate in and understanding the recruitment cycle from candidate identification to placement
- This will include contacting candidates who have applied for our live vacancies, making phone calls to ask a few initial questions before progressing them to a Resourcing partner internally
- As you progress with the business; actively progressing candidates through the recruitment process with the support of your Team Leader
- Within your first 3 months then starting to take more of an active role in undertaking business development activities, contacting businesses and hiring managers to understand potential recruitment requirements
- Managing the recruitment cycle from a client perspective including;
- Taking job briefings from prospective clients over the phone / on video call
- Agreeing and negotiating Terms of Business with prospective clients
- Booking in and completing process update calls
- Taking interview feedback from your clients
- Managing job offers for successful candidates
- Meeting with clients to develop relationships
Salary and Package
- £18,000 to £22,000 basic salary dependent upon experience
- Commission scheme of up to 27.5% of quarterly billings
- 25 days AL + Bank Holidays and increase by 1 every year of service up to (32 days)
- Phone Allowance £10 per month
- Wellbeing Allowance £30 per month
- 8 Days Parental Leave a year
- Team Holidays
- Half year family party
- Companywide Quarterly celebrations (Meals out, parties, team building etc)
- Team Quarterly celebrations (Meals out, parties, team building, golf day, spa day)
- Monthly High Achievers Lunch Club
- Private Medical
- Flexible and remote working
- Cycle to work scheme
- Annual support team celebration
- Funded Training and Qualifications where required
Please contact Nicky Klein to register your interest in this role; email@example.com
Principal People are always keen to secure amazing talent for our business. Should this role not be for you but you are interested in joining our fantastic team, please reach out to see what other opportunities we have available.