£47k - 57k per year + Package
01252 759 162
7 months ago
We are am currently seeking a Biological Safety Officer who is keen to take the next step in their career with a well-established organisation based in Central London who are an globally recognised provider of Higher Education. This is an excellent opportunity for a talented safety professional looking to make a difference. You will have the rare chance to work within this forward-thinking organisation where no two days are the same.
As the Biological Safety Officer you will be part of a cohesive and supportive team environment, with the chance to develop within a wide variety of areas within leading creative University in the London area working with pioneers.
Why is this a great opportunity?
This is an exciting opportunity to work for a University who are well respected in their space and have recently expanded. The role is designed to support the Director of Health and Safety in the management of Biological Safety managing risk across range of GMO's and working to containment level 3. You will be provided with the necessary tools to carry out the role to the highest standards across a diverse and exciting estate, no two days will be the same!
The Successful Biological Safety Officer will be responsible for:
- To provide support to the University for Biological Safety. Advise on regulatory requirements within the laboratory environment.
- To support the development of health and safety policy and procedures and the provision of information and training to the organisations employees and students to ooperate safety within the level of containment appropriate for the level of risk.
- Work with estates teams to help maintain equipment and support with the design and maintenance of laboratories..
The ideal Biological Safety Officer will have:
- A relevant Science degree with relevant Health and Safety experience in this area combined with a NEBOSH General Certificate or equivalent in Occupational Health and Safety.
- The ability to work autonomously and provide advising on regulatory requirements within the laboratory environment of Level 3 containment or higher.
- Have demonstrable experience working within a range of biological hazards especially GMO's.
- Be a solution focussed practitioner with a passion about influencing positive safety culture
In return, the successful Biological Safety Officer will be offered a salary of up to £57,000 plus 39 days leave, an exceptional pension scheme, CPD budget on offer as well as an extremely flexible working basis.
We have interview availability over the next two weeks. To ensure you don’t miss out on this excellent opportunity, please apply today to express your interest.