£54,000 - 57,855 per year + Package
over 2 years ago
Building Fire Safety Surveyor – £57,885
We have been exclusively retained by Origin Housing, a resident and people centred housing association to search for two Building Fire Safety Surveyors that will help to create an innovative approach to building safety working alongside a talented team of health, safety & fire safety professionals.
Origin provide housing in London and Hertfordshire that people can afford. Through the 6,500 homes and dedicated care and support services Origin Housing make a real difference to people’s lives. The association truly work with its residents, customers and partners to make sure our services, people, communities and homes are the best they can possibly be through the £56m annual turnover.
The main person purpose of this role is to support the development of Safety Case reviews and digital records, following recommendations make within Dame Judith Hackitt’s report, for the regulator and ensure that buildings remain compliant to licenses that are issued and to provide technical building safety advice to residents and internal teams.
Why is this an exceptional opportunity?
On top of working for an award-winning employer, you will be out on the ground working closely with residents and operational teams to ensure safe community’s, the association is a pioneer of building safety shaping the industry and learning from the findings of fellow early adopters. Origin Housing offer flexible working arrangements, support for CPD and a friendly collaborative working environment.
As the Building Fire Safety Surveyor your responsibilities will include:
- Proving technical advice to the Building Safety Team and reviewing maintenance services to buildings in scope according to the Safer Future Programme and requirements set out by the government.
- Producing concise reports as required for properties ensuring identified actions are completed through follow up post inspections.
- Reviewing proposal for works and working practices to ensure buildings are well maintained and that fire safety and structural integrity are not compromised and providing adequate fire stopping measures to ensure compartmentation is maintained to the required standards.
- Liaising with other professional bodies including Local Authorities Building Control, HSE and the Fire Service to ensure appropriate advice is given.
The ideal Building Fire Safety Surveyor will have:
- Degree in Surveying or similar equivalent qualification.
- MRICS or equivalent. Member of RICS, CABE, CIOB, CQI, ICWCI, MIFireE
- A good level of construction technology, building pathology and contract administration knowledge.
- Sound knowledge of 2015 CDM and the role of Principal Designer
- Full driving licence and access to a vehicle for work essential.
In return, the successful Building Fire Safety Surveyor will be offered a starting salary of up to £57,885 plus a competitive package including Flexible Working & Home Working a commitment to CPD and further qualifications, 25 Days Leave + Bank Holidays on top.
This is an urgent requirement and we have immediate interview availability. To ensure you don’t miss out on this excellent opportunity, please reply to us today on 02037622793 or email email@example.com to express your interest.