£45k - 47k per year + Exceptional Package
6 months ago
Building Safety Coordinator - £45,000 to £47,000
We have been exclusively retained by Octavia Housing, an innovative independent housing association, to search for two Building Safety Coordinators to establish safe communities and create an innovative approach to building safety.
Octavia Housing was founded by Octavia Hill, a pioneer of Social Housing. The organisation is steeped in history dating back to the 1860’s when, Octavia was a co-founder of the National Trust and the first clean air campaigner for London. Her aim was to “make lives noble, homes happy and family life good”, this radiates through the company ethos and values making Octavia purposeful and very value-driven for all employees.
In more recent years, Octavia Housing have been heavily invested in numerous schemes, developments and care, including Affordable Housing, Charity Shops, Care Homes and new Development. Octavia are the leading Social Housing Developer in London, with award winning specialists in developing energy efficient Housing within an urban context. Most notably being nominated the sustainable Housing Provider of the Year in 2017. Octavia provide around 5000 affordable homes, providing 650 adults with support services and 20 charity shops. In addition to this the organisation have ambitious plans to build a further 200 homes per year.
Key responsibilities of the Building Safety Coordinator:
- Actively contributing on building safety matters in all meetings internally and externally regarding your assigned property assets (PPM) and fire strategies throughout the lifecycle of all properties.
- Work closely with appointed technical specialists, fellow Building Safety Coordinators and Managers, internal Project Managers, Clerk of Works and appointed Fire Risk Surveyors.
- Direct liaison with the Building Safety Regulator and Fire Services ensuring that all required requests for information and reoccurring reporting is appropriately responded to.
- Proactively engage with the internal Development Team through the design and construction phases for all new properties to ensure all required as built information (including building information modelling (BIM)) is collated, available and to the required standard.
- Coordinating and leading resident meetings to build on the positive relationship Octavia hold with its residents and ensure they are updated with the ongoing commitment to delivering safe communities.
The successful Building Safety Coordinator will possess:
- A minimum 5 years’ experience in managing property-based risk within a role focusing on the built environment
- Hold one of the following - NEBOSH General Certificate, level 3 Fire safety qualification or a NEBOSH Construction certificate
- Hold membership to the Institute of Fire Engineers (IFE), The Institution of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH) and willing to work towards a membership with any of the following bodies CIOB, RICS, RIBS or IRPM
- Demonstrable knowledge of integrating safety into the built environment
In return, the successful Building Safety Coordinator will receive a salary of £47,000 plus a great package which includes 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays, flexitime allowing you to accrue 13 days leave per year, Sabbatical leave after 3 years, annual cost of living reviews, season ticket loans, child care vouchers and much more.
To ensure you don’t miss out on this excellent opportunity, please reply to us today on 01252954954 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to express your interest.