£57.8k per year + Package
01252 759 162
4 months ago
Building Safety Surveyor – £57,800
We are working exclusively with a small London base housing provider to help them grow its Building Safety Team. The association are a resident and people centred housing association that have a proactive and innovative approach to building safety working alongside a talented team in the creation of safety case within its high-risk buildings and ensure they are maintained to the highest standards.
The association have over 20 high risk properties with many more in development to provide affordable homes, specialised care and support services that make a real difference to people’s lives. The association truly collaborate with its residents, customers, and partners to make sure services, people, communities and homes are the best they can possibly be.
The main purpose of this role is to support the development of Safety Case reviews and digital records, following recommendations made within Dame Judith Hackitt’s initial report, subsequent Fire Safety Act, upcoming Building Safety Bill and industry best practice through the numerous early adopters/working groups.
Why is this an exceptional opportunity?
On top of working for an award-winning employer, you will be out on the ground working closely with residents and operational teams to ensure safe communities, the association is a pioneer of building safety shaping the industry and learning from the findings of fellow early adopters. The housing provider also offer flexible working arrangements, support for CPD and a friendly collaborative working environment.
As the Building Safety Surveyor your responsibilities will include:
- Proving technical advice to the Building Safety Team and reviewing maintenance services to buildings in scope according to the Safer Future Programme and requirements set out by the government.
- Producing concise reports as required for properties ensuring identified actions are completed through follow up post inspections.
- Reviewing proposal for works and working practices to ensure buildings are well maintained and that fire safety and structural integrity are not compromised and providing adequate fire stopping measures to ensure compartmentation is maintained to the required standards.
- Liaising with other professional bodies including Local Authorities Building Control, HSE and the Fire Service to ensure appropriate advice is given.
The ideal Building Safety Surveyor will have:
- Degree in Surveying or equivalent level qualification.
- Member of RICS, CABE, CIOB, CQI, ICWCI or IFireE ideally working towards chartered level
- A good level of construction technology, building pathology and contract administration knowledge.
- Sound knowledge of 2015 CDM and the role of Principal Designer
- Full driving licence and access to a vehicle for work essential.
In return, the successful Building Safety Surveyor will be offered a starting salary of up to £57,800 plus a competitive package including Flexible Working & Home Working a commitment to CPD and further qualifications, 25 Days Leave + Bank Holidays on top.