£40,000 + Benefits
6 months ago
Building Surveyor – £40,000 + Benefits – 12-month FTC – Central London
Social Housing Recruitment have a new and exciting opportunity for a Building Surveyor to work with a high performing Housing Association in the Social Housing sector. The organisation we are partnering with are one of the leading organisations providing good quality, affordable homes along with care and support services.
The successful Building Surveyor will need to have extensive experience of dealing with external contractors making sure the work is cost viable and up to standard.
The Surveying Team that you could be a part of sits within the Service Delivery directorate and is responsible for the delivery of Major Repairs, Aids & Adaptions, Specialist Works, Disrepair and Professional Services.
Building Surveyor Responsibilities include:
- Undertaking technical surveys on properties and advise accordingly.
- Liaising with external contractors making sure the work carried out is cost viable and up to standard.
- Carrying out pre and post-inspections and ensuring projects are delivered with quality and value for money.
- Inspecting aspects of compliance making sure each project is aligned with company procedures and legislation.
- Taking a lead on the Project Management of a variety of improvement/major projects including Party wall matters.
- Assisting with Legal Disrepair claims, attending Court where necessary.
- Assisting in the delivery of specialist works which include structural, fire damage, insurance works, Fire Risk Assessment works, major repairs, improvement and refurbishment works
The successful Building Surveyor must possess:
- Extensive knowledge of building maintenance and diagnostic techniques.
- Good knowledge of Building Regulations, CDM Regulations, Planning and Party Wall Legislation.
- Project management experience.
- An understanding of H&S legislation.
- Experience of the Social Housing sector.
- Relevant building surveying, building or architectural degree – RICS or master’s degree.
- Access to their own private vehicle.
In return, the successful candidate will receive a salary up to £40,000 on top of this you will receive a fantastic benefits package including excellent annual leave allowance and flexible working opportunities, pension scheme, learning and development opportunities. This is an urgent requirement and we have interview availability over the coming 2 weeks.
This is an urgent requirement and we have interview availability over the coming 2 weeks.
To ensure you don’t miss out on this exciting Surveyor position in Social Housing, please reply to us today to express your interest today.