£53k per year
01252 759 162
22 days ago
Building Surveyor – £53,000 + Benefits Package –– Home Based
Social Housing Recruitment has an exciting opportunity for a Building Surveyor to work with a high performing Housing Association in the Social Housing sector. The organisation we are partnering with are one of the leading organisations providing high level services to thousands of customers across the UK. As a market leader this organisation prides itself on making sure their workforce is highly skilled and developed throughout their time with them and progression routes are readily available.
The successful Building Surveyor will join a fantastic team that have won the Platinum award for investment in people and will be managing a range of complex complaints cases, preparing reports and specifications, managing external contractors to deliver site specific works.
Building Surveyor responsibilities include:
- Preparing specifications and schedules of work, obtaining accurate costings, planning maintenance programmes, administering contracts and report on building defects and service delivery issues
- Using your knowledge of contract law and outstanding knowledge of standard form contracts to resolve issues and complaints raised by tenants
- Successfully liaising with a wide range of key external stakeholders
- Working alongside and liaising with external contractors
Key Essential Criteria:
- Experience (5 years) in a surveying role in a housing association, private practice, local authority, or similar
- Degree or HND in a construction related discipline or relevant experience
- Full contract administration responsibilities of a range of technical and complex major works projects; including preparing tender documentation, cost analysis and budgetary control, site management, supervising contractors, quality control and certification
- Robust understanding of current health and safety legislation, CDM (including Principal Designer experience) and comprehensive knowledge of other building related statutory obligations
- Robust knowledge and experience of Building Safety and Compliance good practice and statutory requirements
- Driving license
- Experience carrying out a Fire Risk Assessments competently within Housing is highly desirable yet can be further developed within the role
- Qualified energy assessor with experience and expertise in calculating RdSAP in buildings is desirable but will be developed within the role
- Fully proficient in CAD design work is desirable
- Member of RICS, CIOB or other similar approved professional body is desirable
- Candidates who are qualified and accredited Energy Assessor, fully qualified Fire Risk Assessor and External accredited Building Safety Managers are highly desirable
- Individuals who have shown longevity within their previous roles and have shown commitment to an organisation
In return, the successful candidate will receive a salary of £53,000 on top of this you will receive a fantastic benefits package including full funding for the progression of all qualifications and training required within the highly desirable points above.
To ensure you don’t miss out on this excellent opportunity, please reply to us today on 01252 954 955 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to express your interest.