£55k - 60k per year + up to £9,000 Bonus
01252 759 162
5 months ago
Building Surveyor (Building Safety Projects) – Starting Salary £55,000 - £60,000 + up to £9,000 bonus
We are working exclusively with one of the UK's largest property management organisation to help them grow its Building Safety Team. The organisation is lead by a prominent figure within the Building Safety industry with support from chartered professionals to deliver a proactive and innovative approach to building safety.
The main purpose of this role is to support the Head of Building Safety in the delivery and project management of complex projects across a large and diverse estate of low & high rise buildings, projects can range from structural improvements, fire stopping projects through to replacement works for external façades or cladding. You will have access to top professionals to help deliver these works and have detailed reports commissioned to best understand the most appropriate course of remedial action.
Why is this an exceptional opportunity?
On top of working for an employer that truly values its staff and consistently pays out company bonuses at the top bracket, you will be working closely with residents and operational teams to ensure safe communities, delivering large complex projects and helping to create safe homes for thousands across the UK. The organisation offer support for CPD alongside some home working options.
As the Building Surveyor your responsibilities will include:
- Proving technical advice to delivery teams and reviewing maintenance services to buildings in scope of guidelines and requirements set out by the government.
- Producing concise reports as required for properties ensuring identified actions are completed from inception to completion.
- Reviewing proposal for works and working practices to ensure buildings are well maintained and that fire safety and structural integrity are not compromised and providing adequate fire stopping measures to ensure complementation is maintained to the required standards.
- Liaising with other professional bodies including Local Authorities Building Control, HSE and the Fire Service to ensure appropriate advice is given.
The ideal Building Surveyor will have:
- Degree in Surveying or equivalent level qualification.
- Member of RICS, CABE, CIOB, CQI, ICWCI or IFireE ideally at a chartered level
- A good level of construction technology, building pathology and contract administration knowledge.
- Sound knowledge of 2015 CDM and the role of Principal Designer
- Full driving licence and access to a vehicle for work essential.
In return, the successful Building Surveyor will be offered a starting salary of up to £60,000, a bonus scheme that will pay out up to an additional £9,000 plus a competitive package including Flexible Working & Home Working a commitment to CPD and further qualifications, 25 Days Leave + Bank Holidays on top.