£65k per year + Package
about 2 years ago
Compliance Manager - £65,000 + Package
Principal People have been exclusively retained by GreenSquare Group to find a talented Landlord Compliance Professional who is keen to make a difference. They are a major provider of housing, care and commercial services delivered through its 12,000 owned and managed properties across Wiltshire, Oxfordshire and Gloucestershire.
GreenSquare Group was founded in 2008 but parts of the group date back to 1866, driven by the mission to tackle the poor state of housing conditions to those in need. They have stuck close to this original mission and have developed an innovative approach to help change the lives of its residents and those who benefit from the support of the group.
The group is built up of six separate business area’s - GreenSquare Community Housing is to support those in need and deliver care within the community, GreenSquare Estates offer estates and grounds management services across the region, GreenSquare Construction develop properties and through GreenSquare Energy acts as a dedicated maintenance team also known as a ‘DLO’.
This role follows a review of how the organisation manage property compliance following Ruth Cooke’s appointment as CEO. The role will play a lead in the Group to develop a positive approach to maintaining compliance and implementing a modern and fit for purpose monitoring system that can integrate with the groups asset management systems.
This role will be supported by a dedicated compliance team and a group health and safety team working alongside an asset management team to ensure delivery. The organisation has recently reviewed its executive structure and it is currently one of the groups top priorities to create a robust safety function that is fit for purpose and can be an example in the region of excellence.
Key responsibilities of this equally strategic and operational role include:
- Leading the development and implementation of a robust compliance programme and management systems
- Creating strategic plans for the future of GreenSquare’s approach to delivering compliance and how this can be integrated with the asset management programmes.
- Developing and implementing processes to achieve a robust property compliance function with emphasis of Electrical Safety, Gas Safety, Fire Safety, Asbestos Management, Water Hygiene (legionella) and Lifts
- Working alongside the Group SHEF Manager to drive a positive safety culture within the organisation and map out a journey to take the association forward
- Rigorously reviewing the performance of compliance throughout GreenSquare’s portfolio
The successful Compliance Manger will possess:
- A track record of delivering/improving compliance performance at senior management level, within a housing or property related background
- Relevant qualifications would be an advantage however not essential i.e. NEBOSH, NCRQ, P405, L8 etc.
- Experience of managing a range of stakeholder relationships, establishing shared goals in pursuing tangible delivery of agreed objectives
- A strong drive and hunger to make a real difference and completely redesign the way safety is managed
- The ability to inspire, motivate and direct a diverse and professional workforce to achieve a high quality, value driven team
With direct links to major stakeholders and the ability to make an impact from day one, this is a unique position and an incredible career opportunity.
If you would like to discuss further, please contact our retained Recruitment Partners - Principal People and speak to Reece Rowden 01252 954 954 or Aleks Smolski 01252 954 953 for an informal and confidential discussion.