£30k - 33.5k per year
01252 759 162
almost 2 years ago
Currently seeking a Corporate Health and Safety Officer to join a Local Government organisation based in Somerset.
This position offers an excellent opportunity for an individual who is seeking a role within an organisation in which no two days are the same. As the Corporate Health and Safety Officer you will be part of a cohesive and supportive team environment within a role that has opportunity to work within an unbelievably varied role that will ultimately develop and diversify your experience within Health and Safety.
As the Corporate Health and Safety Officer your responsibilities will include:
- Devising training programs and courses and delivering these (and other courses) to a range of staff in the most appropriate manner
- Inspecting & auditing premises and processes and Carrying out investigations, gathering evidence and procuring samples
- Writing complex reports, briefing notes, procedures and work instructions on operational issues, to reconcile/resolve conflicting issues or priorities and devising, evaluating and recommending solutions
- Provide advice and guidance on new & changed legislation and the organisations policies
The ideal Corporate Health and Safety Officer will have:
- NEBOSH General Certificate or equivalent in Occupational Health and Safety (Ideally holds a NEBOSH Diploma or equivalent)
- At least 2 years’ experience carrying out operational Health and Safety tasks within a multidiscipline organisation (Open to backgrounds with a preference for Local Authority, Education among other public sector run organisations)
- Outgoing individual that has an approachable personality, great communication skills and most importantly a solution focused practitioner
- Training to deal with the Control of Substances Hazardous to Health (COSHH), obtain a current First Aid Certificate and a Train the Trainer Qualification or equivalent
- Strong IT skills, able to interrogate a database of data and to make improvements to the process of capturing the required data as well as the competent use of Excel and MS Word
In return, the successful Corporate Health and Safety Officer will be offered a salary of up to £33,500 + package.
This is an urgent requirement and we have immediate interview availability over the coming two weeks. To ensure you don’t miss out on this excellent opportunity, please reply to us today to express your interest.