£35k - 40k per year
over 1 year ago
I am currently seeking a Deputy Facilities Manager for a leading Education organisation based in Brighton.
As the Deputy Facilities Manager you will assist in leading, developing, approving and implementing the day to day maintenance of the organisations three education sites, working closely with external third parties and ensuring statutory compliance.
This will involve providing a safe and compliant, efficient and cost-effective working environment for beneficiaries, staff and students at the company’s three sites. You will oversee the planned and reactive maintenance on two adjacent sites in Brighton and one in Hove. This is compiled of a college, residential halls, a residential property and head office building. This will be a hands-on role where needed.
The successful Deputy Facilities Manager will be responsible for:
• A team of 5 Maintenance staff, monitoring the progress of works ensuring deadlines are met and all requests are dealt with as quickly as possible.
• Ensuring regulatory compliance and promote a positive health and safety environment to all. You will have experience of building management systems, fire and burglar alarms, fault finding.
• Developing and maintaining strong partnering relationships with contractors, staff an in-house maintenance team and all contractors.
• following and enforcing all relevant legislation, including health and safety, site licence, fire and employment laws.
The ideal Deputy Facilities Manager will:
• Experience of contributing at senior level in facilities and/or estates management.
• Membership of professional body e.g. BIFM/CIBSE/RICS (highly desirable)
• Well-developed understanding of Fire, Health and Safety and other property related regulations and legislation and the implications of non-compliance.
• Hold a level 3 Facilities Management Qualification
In return, the successful Deputy Facilities Manager will be offered a salary up to £40,000, 25 days holiday + bank holidays, an attractive pension scheme and CPD budget on offer.
We have interview availability over the next two weeks. To ensure you don’t miss out on this excellent opportunity, please apply today to express your interest.