£32k - 35k per year + benefits package
01252 759 162
16 days ago
Development Officer – £32,000 – Shrewsbury
Social Housing Recruitment have a new and exciting opportunity for a Development Officer to join a small close kit development team offering the chance to lead on a small number of developments with support from the Development Manager to help you progress. The organisation we have partnered with are a medium sized organisation who have a clear and concise development plan of building new homes in Shropshire.
The successful Development Officer will need to have experience of delivering on land led schemes and knowledge of JCT contracts.
This is a fantastic chance to work with an organisation who care about providing high quality homes to their customers. Our client has a strong financial rating and a passion for health and safety. If this sounds like an organisation you would love to work for then please read below.
Why is this such a great opportunity?
- You will be part of a development team who have clear objectives and timelines in place.
- A charity focused organisation that change people’s lives and their life chances through their development schemes.
- Working on development plans from inception to handing over properties to tenants.
Development Officer responsibilities include:
- Managing housing projects from inception to completion ensuring on time delivery, within budget and to a high quality.
- Working closely with the Development Team and a range of external consultants to manage the delivery of the development project.
- Monitoring and ensuring completion of schemes are within budget.
The successful Development Officer must possess:
- Construction related qualification at degree level or equivalent.
- Membership of a professional body such as CIOB is desirable
- Experience of delivering a development project from inception to completion whilst demonstrating a good understanding of property and contract law as well as experience in obtaining planning permission.
- Proven ability to monitor financial performance of projects during the development process and have a good understanding of development appraisals.
In return, the successful candidate will receive a salary of £32,000. On top of this you will receive a fantastic benefits package including excellent annual leave up to 25 days which accrues with service up to 30, flexible working opportunities, pension scheme and flexible working arrangements.
This is an urgent requirement and we have interview availability over the coming 2 weeks.
To ensure you don’t miss out on this exciting Development Manager position in Social Housing, please contact me on 01252 954 954 or email@example.com to express your interest.