£130k per year + Benefits Package
01252 759 162
5 months ago
Director of Building Safety required for a forward thinking and innovative housing association who hold a large and diverse property portfolio throughout most areas within England.
This newly created, high profile role is of significant importance and stature within the organisation, aligning with their values around customer engagement, safety and assurance. Working across their diverse geography to ensure they take a coherent and co-ordinated approach to building safety, this role will be responsible for developing and delivering a building safety function which will become best in sector.
As a leadership position, both internally and externally will be responsible for creating an overarching, robust strategy of building safety with the foresight to innovate in light of the current reform driven by Dame Judith Hackitt’s initial report, along with the upcoming building safety bill and fire safety bill and the national working groups.
The successful Director of Building Safety will possess:
- A track record of success of a complex technical area, translating vision into a deliverable programme within a challenging and dynamic environment
- Excellent knowledge and experience of building safety and in particular fire safety within large property portfolios
- The ability to work effectively under pressure and to manage both long and short term programmes and priorities.
- Proven experience of building, leading, managing and motivating teams both directly and indirectly, currently working at Director of Executive Director level.
- Educated to degree level education or equivalent membership such as RICS, RIBA or MCIOB.
- AIFireE Level Membership to the IFE or equivalent.
With direct links to major stakeholders and the ability to make an impact from day one, this unique position will allow the individual to keep thousands of customers safe for years to come and lead a step change in the industry’s approach to how buildings are managed and residents are engaged with.
If you would like to discuss this opportunity further, please contact Josh Huggins at Principal People for an informal and confidential discussion.