£40k - 50k per year + Package
01252 759 162
4 months ago
Environment and Sustainability Manager - £40k-£50k plus package – based in London with flexible working and global travel
Principal People are delighted to offer an exceptional opportunity with a global sporting organisation searching for an established leader to take on the position of Environment and Sustainability Manager.
Our client is a dynamic and fast paced organisation, as a result we are looking to engage with passionate and proactive environment and sustainability leaders. This will give you the unique opportunity to shape sustainability culture for a market leading sport that put on regular events across the world. With global reach, this will offer the chance to travel the world during the sporting season and have an effect across several continents.
Reporting into the Environment and Sustainability Director, this is a senior position which will see you leading a team of two and working with all departments in a matrix style approach as sustainability is at the heart of this organisation’s strategy. This role has clear progression potential to become a Senior Environment and Sustainability Manager as well as continuing to grow the team supporting you.
The successful Environment and Sustainability Manager will have responsibilities including the following:
- Contributing to the development and maintenance of the company's Sustainability Strategy
- Driving a cultural and behavioural change to achieve sustainability goals and objectives
- Working with all divisions across the company and different countries to ensure environment and sustainability is a focus for the organisation
- Leading a team of two Sustainability Consultants
- Assisting in the maintenance and continuous improvement of the environmental management systems (ISO 14001)
The successful Environment and Sustainability Manager will have:
- Degree level in related discipline (desirable)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience of implementing and maintaining environmental management systems (ISO 14001, ISO 20121)
In return the successful Environment and Sustainability Manager will receive:
- A basic salary of £40,000 - £50,000 per annum
- Private pension scheme
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Healthcare plan and wider company benefits
We are looking for the right individual rather than specific sector experience so if this sounds like you and you would like to learn more, please apply today.