£35k per year + benefits
over 1 year ago
Environmental Advisor – up to £35,000 + Discretionary Bonus + Family Healthcare Scheme + 5 % Pension Scheme + 22 days plus bank holidays increasing with service.
Principal People are delighted to offer an excellent opportunity for an Environmental professional seeking an exciting opportunity within the Recycling industry. This is a fantastic opportunity to work within an established team and an ideal opportunity for someone who is looking for longevity and autonomy within their role.
Working on multiple sites across London, the successful Environmental Advisor will have the opportunity to engage with multiple site teams and the senior management team.
Based near Dartford, the aim of this role is to improve the organisations environmental impact and also have a focus on behavioural safety. They have recently won some large projects in and around London, so it’s an exciting time to join the company and be part of the team. This company has a fantastic bonus scheme to offer employees and on top of this, the opportunity to have full autonomy and utilise your passion and knowledge as an Environmental Professional, truly making a difference within the company.
Key responsibilities of the Environmental Advisor role include:
- Developing and sustaining the EMS as per ISO 14001 standard and manage Environmental audits and its actions.
- Working with operational teams in supporting activity to maintain productive output through maintenance of assessment systems, identification of hazards in the operating environment.
- Promoting improvements in engagement through Recognition and coaching.
- Supporting the site’s Continuous Improvement programme.
- Support improvement projects and support the delivery of the capital investment plan from project management and project team member.
- Developing communication lines with external agencies (e.g. EA, HSE) and customers to ensure that latest current environmental requirements are known and integrated into internal policies and procedures
- Supporting the behavioural safety and environmental agenda to deliver Environmental KPIs.
The successful Environmental Advisor will hold:
- Experience or knowledge within the waste/recycling industry ideally, although not essential
- A relevant Environmental qualification
- Demonstrable experience in formulating, improving and implementing Environmental policies and procedures
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
In return the successful candidate will be entitled to a salary of up to £35,000 depending on experience and qualifications, plus + Discretionary Bonus + Family Healthcare Scheme + 12.5 % Pension Scheme + 22 Days Annual Leave plus Bank Holidays, which increases with service.
This is an urgent requirement and we have immediate interview availability over the coming two weeks. To ensure you don’t miss out on this excellent opportunity, please apply immediately to avoid disappointment.