£45k - 55k per year
01252 759 162
about 2 months ago
Newly created Environmental Advisor position – Flexible working – Hybrid role – £45,000 - £55,000 + package – Based near Cheshire
Principal People are delighted to be recruiting for an incredibly exciting, newly created role for an Environmental Advisor to join a highly reputable Global company based in Cheshire. The company support flexible working with allowing candidates the option to work two from home and the rest from the site in Cheshire.
This position will offer the successful candidate a unique opportunity to establish and develop a new standard for the organisation in the way they shape and lead the Environmental function within the business. You will have the chance to work with a variation of people and a company who really support and are passionate about the Environmental culture of the business. In return our client can offer you the chance to develop your skills, offering training and career progression.
Why work for this company?
- Brand new position, the company have never had an Environmental specialist before, offering the opportunity to come in with fresh eyes and given the autonomy to make a real difference
- You will be working for a well-known successful Global company who offer their staff attractive benefits and home working
- Lots of variation within the role and chance to get involved with new Environmental projects
- Working for a prestigious company offering amble development and training opportunities
- Taking responsibility for the strategic development of the Environmental function, the successful candidate will take the lead across all Environmental queries and concerns
- Develop and sustain the EMS as per ISO 14001 standard across the site and manage Environmental audits and its actions, supporting the health and safety audits and actions from them
- Work with operational teams in supporting activity to maintain productive output through maintenance of assessment systems, identification of hazards in the operating environment
- Support improvement projects and support the delivery of the capital investment plan from project management
- Promote improvements in engagement through recognition and coaching
- Develop communication lines with external agencies (e.g. EA, HSE) and customers to ensure that latest current environmental requirements are known and integrated into internal policies and procedures
- Support the behavioural safety and environmental agenda to deliver HSE/EH&S KPIs
The successful Environmental Advisor will hold:
- Relevant Environmental qualification or studying although not essential
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- At least 3 years’ experience within an Environmental focused role.