£40k - 50k per year
6 months ago
Environmental Health and Safety Manager – based in Whitney – offering a salary up to £50,000 plus company car
I am currently looking for an Environmental Health and Safety Manager to join a highly sustainable and successful manufacturing organisations based in Whitney with some occasional travel to a further, smaller site in Staffordshire.
This position offers an excellent opportunity for an individual who is seeking a role within an organisation who truly value Health and Safety and the engagement of their staff. As the key point of contact within the organisation for all HSE internal matters you will be a significant part of an driving the culture forward. There will also be a Site Trainer reporting into this post.
Why work for this company?
- Be a part of a highly sustainable manufacturing organisation who have pride themselves on their sustainable practices
- The company are currently on an exciting journey, so it’s a great time to join the business
- A Family run business who truly care about their employees offering development opportunities.
- A great opportunity to progress the companies HSE culture.
- A true ability to make this role their own and make a real difference within the business
- They have just invested a great deal of capital into new automated equipment for their production process
- They have recently put in a new internal IT shared system service across the whole business
You will be required to:
- Continually work to improve and develop the site health and safety culture
- Developing and implementing short- and long-term plans within the H&S department from both a strategic and hands on approach
- Working closely with all levels of the business to make sure that everybody understands the importance of H&S.
- Investigating accidents and carrying out investigations and working on a solution to reduce the risk of these reoccurring.
- Maintaining the ISO 14001, 9001 and OSAHS 18001 management systems onsite.
The ideal Environmental, Health and Safety Manager will have:
- A NEBOSH General certificate
- 4+ years’ experience within a focused Health and Safety role, ideally within a Manufacturing or similar environment.
- Experience of OHSAS 18001 and ISO 9001 management systems and an awareness of ISO 45001 is highly desirable.
In return, the successful Environmental and Safety Manager will be offered a salary of up to £50,000 + benefits company car, 25 days holiday plus bank holiday, option to buy an extra 5 days holiday and a contributory pension.