£55k - 65k per year
24 days ago
Environmental, Health and Safety Manager – based in Portsmouth – offering a salary up to £65,000
I am currently looking for an Environmental, Health and Safety Manager to join a highly successful international manufacturing organisation based in Portsmouth.
This position offers an excellent opportunity for an individual who is seeking a role within an organisation in which no two days are the same, with the opportunity to make a real difference and greatly improve the company's EHS performance. As the key point of contact onsite for all HSE internal matters, you will be a significant part of the organisation. The successful Environmental Health and Safety Manager will report directly to the Quality Director.
Why work for this company?
- Be a part of a highly successful international company
- The company has long term stability with large clients internationally
- The company is looking to grow further and build and extension to the site
- A family run culture, who truly care about their employees offering development opportunities.
- A great opportunity to progress the companies HSE culture
- A true ability to make this role their own and make a real difference within the business
You will be required to:
- Coach all levels of staff and work through improvements collaboratively
- Develop and implement short- and long-term plans within the H&S department with both a strategic and hands on approach
- Investigate accidents, carry out investigations and work on a solution to reduce the risk of these reoccurring
- Maintain the ISO 14001 and ISO 45001 management systems onsite
The ideal Environmental, Health and Safety Manager will have:
- A NEBOSH General Certificate – ideally a NEBOSH Diploma or equivalent
- 4+ years’ experience within a focused Health and Safety role, ideally within a manufacturing environment
- Ideally some experience of OHSAS 18001 and ISO 9001 management systems and an awareness of ISO 45001 is highly desirable
In return, the successful Environmental and Safety Manager will be offered a salary of up to £65,000 depending on qualifications and experience + attractive benefits package.