£50k - 60k per year + benefits
about 2 years ago
Principal People are delighted to be recruiting for an incredibly exciting, newly created role for an Environmental Manager to join a highly reputable pharmaceutical organisation based within North London, near Watford.
This position will offer the successful candidate a unique opportunity to establish and develop a new standard for the organisation in the way they shape and lead the Environmental function within the business.
The successful Environmental Manager will report directly to the Head of EHS, taking responsibility for the strategic development of the environmental function, the successful candidate will take the lead across all Environmental queries and concerns. This significant but hugely positive challenge will include reviewing policies and procedures and creating proposals as appropriate for subsequent changes in the culture and operations of the environmental aspect across the business.
Key responsibilities of this equally strategic and operational role include:
- Undertaking a Gap Analysis to ascertain areas for the environmental development across the business both in the short term and longer term.
- Reviewing the organisations Environmental policies and procedures, creating strategic proposals and gaining commitment from the board to develop these across the business
- Providing leadership and expertise to all operational teams across the business on all Environmental matters, acting as the point of escalation
- Working with all levels of the business, using your influencing skills and ability to engage to create an understanding and awareness of their environmental duties and responsibilities
The successful Environmental Manager will hold:
- Experience within pharmaceutical manufacturing, chemical manufacturing, research and development or a scientific background would be ideal, however other backgrounds will be considered for exceptional candidates
- Environmental Degree ideally, or NEBOSH Environmental Diploma or equivalent as a minimum
- A member of IEMA would be advantageous but not essential.
- Demonstrable experience in formulating, improving and implementing Environmental policies and procedures
- Experience of gap analysis and working at a senior level
- Experience of implementing or maintaining ISO14001
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
With direct links to major stakeholders and the ability to make an impact from day one, this is a truly rare opportunity and an incredible career opportunity. If you are interested in discussing this further, please apply today.