£27k - 30k per year
about 2 years ago
We are currently seeking an Estates Compliance Officer to join a leading Academy Trust organisation based from home. This is an excellent opportunity for a Health, Safety and Compliance professional looking to make a difference within a truly multidisciplined organisation that will allow you to diversify your skill sets and experience further.
This position offers an excellent opportunity for an individual who is seeking a role within a multi-disciplined organisation in which no two days are the same. You will be part of a team of individuals that work on a remote basis and will give you a great deal of autonomy in how you want to manage the role. The role allows you to travel to over 60 education sites throughout the UK and ability to work from home.
Why is this a great opportunity?
This is an exciting opportunity to work for an organisation who wants to make Health and Safety fall seamlessly in to the day to day operations and be seen as something to enable them rather than disable them. The role is extremely varied due to the multi-site aspect combined with the fact you will have the responsibility for the Estates Compliance for the largest Primary School Academy Trust in the UK. You will be provided with the necessary tools to carry out the role to the highest standards across a diverse and exciting remit, no two days will be the same!
The Successful Estates Compliance Officer will be responsible for:
- Supporting the Estates Team in ensuring all Academies are fully compliant with all current health and safety legislation pertaining to the Trusts physical estate and support all Academies with carrying out all necessary testing, servicing and maintenance of buildings and associated installations as required by statute, regulations or best practice.
- Carry out relevant risk assessments and implement control measures for risk reduction and make changes to working practices that ensure compliance with legislation.
- Internal auditing of and reporting on Estates Team compliance with internal procedures and SLA provisions
- To attend safety and team meetings and represent the Estates Team on any other associated meetings within the remit of the role.
The ideal Estates Compliance Officer will:
- Possess a NEBOSH General Certificate or equivalent within Occupational Health and Safety (NEBOSH Diploma / NVQ level 5 / NCRQ Level 6 Diploma is highly desirable)
- An appropriate qualification (at level 3 or above) within the construction and / or property industries
- Experience carrying out operational and strategic Health, Safety and Estates Compliance tasks within a multidiscipline organisation in an autonomous capacity across multiple sites (Open to backgrounds with a preference for Education and any other multi-disciplined organisations that operate over multiple sites)
- Outgoing individual that has an approachable personality, great communication skills and most importantly a solution focused practitioner who is able to build strong and positive working relationships
- Membership by qualification of a relevant building services professional organisation (e.g. CIBSE, IMechE, IEE etc.) is desirable.
In return, the successful Estates Compliance Officer will be offered a salary of up to £30,000 plus 28 days leave plus bank holidays, an exceptional pension scheme.
We have interview availability next week. To ensure you don’t miss out on this excellent opportunity, please apply today to express your interest.