£30k - 35k per year
3 months ago
Fire Alarm / Electric Engineer – Home based – South East England - £30,000 to £35,000 + Package - *Excellent progression opportunities within a market leading business*
Principal People are currently recruiting exclusively for an exciting Fire Alarm Engineer position in partnership with one of our key clients in the South East of England.
This position offers a formidable opportunity for an individual who is seeking a varied role within a growing organisation that works nationally to ensure high-quality safety testing services.
The organisation is currently growing and are seeking to expand their team nationwide. This role will be an autonomous one, working directly with some interesting clients in the field.
This is an exceptional opportunity for someone that is:
- Currently in a role which involves actively and directly advising and inspecting client fire alarm systems
- Currently working in a more junior fire safety systems engineering position, looking for more experience and progression within a nationally leading organisation;
- Looking for the next step in their career within a leading, secure and growing organisation
As the Fire Alarm Engineer your responsibilities will include:
- Routine servicing of fire alarms and emergency lighting;
- Conducting PAT testing and electrical/fire compliance work;
- Undertaking remedial work to ensure clients’ buildings’ safety is maintained;
- Liaising face to face with the client as well as management within the business to deliver tailored solutions to clients’ safety testing needs.
The ideal Fire Alarm Engineer will have as a minimum:
- Formal fire alarm systems or fire systems training specifically as a minimum: FIA Units 1, 4 & 5 or equivalent;
- At least 2 years’ experience of both reactive and service / PPM works on both conventional and addressable fire systems;
- A willingness to travel to multiple sites as part of the role;
- An ability to work in a client focused way.
The qualifications you would need to be considered for this role would be:
- A minimum of 3 of the listed qualifications below
- City & Guilds 2377 PAT Testing Course
- City & Guilds 2393 Building Regulations Course
- City & Guilds 2382 Electrical Wiring Regulations
- City & Guilds 2391 Level 3 Inspection & Testing Course
- City & Guilds 2392 Level 2 Inspection & Testing Course
- Level 3 Fire Detection and Alarm Advanced Commissioner
In return, the successful engineer will be offered a starting salary of £30,000 to £35,000. The package also includes a company van and fully expensed travel, an iPad and phone, 20 days annual leave (+8 days BH), and annual pay rises.
This is an urgent requirement and we have immediate interview availability over the coming two weeks. To ensure you don’t miss out on this excellent opportunity, please reply to Taylor Newton on 01252 913504 or via firstname.lastname@example.org