£50k - 60k per year
01252 759 162
5 months ago
Fire, Health and Safety Business Partner
£50,000 to £60,000 + £4,000 Travel Allowance + Bonus (12.5% to 25% p/a) + Private Healthcare + Excellent package
Engineering, manufacturing, aviation
Fire, Health and Safety Business Partner – Heathrow Airport - £50,000 to £60,000 + £4,000 Travel Allowance + Bonus (12.5% to 25% p/a) + Private Healthcare + Excellent package
Principal People are delighted to be engaged as the exclusive recruitment partner to Heathrow Airport to identify a Fire, Health & Safety Business Partner working within their Engineering, Baggage and Technology division.
Heathrow Airport is the UKs largest airport and aviation hub; home to over 90 airlines, flying over 80 million passengers per year with a flight taking off every 45 seconds on average*. Heathrow reported just under £1bn in revenue pre-pandemic and have experienced a healthy recovery since the first international lockdowns and anticipate a strong bounce throughout the next few years as a result of a lot of pent up demand from travellers.
With a fascinating array of Engineering activity worth over £14bn in assets, the Engineering, Baggage and Technology division act as the engine of day-to-day activities.
As the Fire, Health and Safety Business partner for the division you will act as the conduit between Heathrow Airports Fire, Health and Safety strategy and the key operational stakeholders within the Engineering, Baggage and Technology division.
Why this is a great opportunity
- You will be working for the UKs largest and leading airport influencing Fire, Health and Safety culture & strategy, partnering with some of the engineering industry’s finest operations and professionals
- There is a huge amount of variety within the working environment, the role and the relationships that you build, in a division that has over 450 engineering technicians
- The reason this role is vacant is due to the current incumbent receiving a promotion toa more senior role in another division of the business. This highlights the progression that is available within the organisation
As the Fire, Health and Safety Business Partner you will:
- Manage a team of 1 direct report
- Inform, educate, enable and challenge business unit (BU) Directors, leaders and managers to understand their risks and safety culture, comply with HAL FHS policies and standards and deliver its part of the HAL strategy
- Ensure BU FHS plans, priorities, decisions and actions are informed by accurate risk registers, safety culture assessments and insights from safety performance data
- Provide FHS advice to operational leaders and managers, working within the defined HAL polices and standards
- Establish strong working relationships with key internal stakeholders, including Trade Unions (TUs)
- Ensure that BUs FHS governance, including Trade Union (TU) governance, is established and working effectively
- Provide BU with management information and insight regarding FHS performance and the adequacy of controls
- Ensure FHS assurance activity is undertaken across the BU to provide insight on the adequacy of controls, both in respect of directly controlled activities and third-party contractors
- Ensure that learning is captured and shared to ensure a consistent approach that realises benefits across the Heathrow Community
- Liaise with the Health and Safety Executive and other regulators as required
The successful Fire, Health and Safety Business Partner will:
- Hold a NEBOSH Diploma or Equivalent Qualification (Ideally CMIOSH but not essential) OR hold an engineering degree with experience in a safety-related role
- Experience working in the following industries; Engineering, Manufacturing, FM (with M&E) or related industries with a foundation of Engineering works
- Have line management experience
If this could be of interest, please apply now for your opportunity to register your application by sending your up to date CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and avoid missing this exceptional opportunity.