£60k - 70k per year
01252 759 162
5 months ago
Fire Engineer / Consultant – Care Homes / Education / Industrial buildings – Home based with travel to client sites – Permanent – £60,000 to £70,000 + £3,000 Car Allowance + CPD Support + Package
We are delighted to have been retained by a Consultancy business in the East Midlands to recruit for a Fire Risk Engineer / Consultant to provide Fire Risk Assessments, Compartmentation Surveys and general fire safety consultancy to a range of businesses, predominantly in the care sector but also Educational establishments, Retailers and other industrial buildings.
If you are a Fire Engineer or Fire Safety Consultant that takes pride in the work the work that you do, and is keen to offer tailored and high quality work to clients and you enjoy a varied role, and visiting different client types and buildings – this role would be perfect for you.
The role will be home based, travelling between client sites with occasional visits to the company’s head office in East Midlands.
The company are continuing to win large contracts with new and existing clients, and the services that they offer range from; Fire Risk Assessments, Fire Evacuation Plans, Fire Safety Policies and Procedures, Intrusive Fire Compartmentation Surveys, Design Stage Fire Safety Consultancy/Building Regulation Compliance and Fire Warden Training.
The ideal Fire Risk Assessor / Consultant will:
- Be client focused
- Be able to give technical advice to clients on fire safety shortcomings
- Have experience working with fire strategies
- Be able to offer clients practical and cost-effective solutions to fire safety issues
- Have experience of carrying out Fire Risk Assessments within Residential Care Homes (ideal but not essential)
- Be a registered IFE Member at Graduate grade or higher (ideal but not essential)
- Preferably be a registered IFE Fire Risk Assessor (any successful candidate who is not currently registered would be supported to apply for registration)
- Possess recognised qualifications relating specifically to fire risk safety (i.e., NEBOSH Certificate in Fire Safety & Risk Management).
- In depth knowledge of the Regulatory Reform Order
- Be able to produce Fire Risk Assessments and Fire Evacuation Strategies independently
- Be computer literate, with a working knowledge of Microsoft Office (including Word, Excel, and Outlook etc.).
- Hold a Full UK Driving license.
In return, the successful Fire Engineer / Consultant will be offered a starting salary of up to £70,000 plus a £3,000 Car Allowance and package
To ensure you don’t miss out on this excellent opportunity, please apply today, or send your CV directly to email@example.com.