£38k - 49k per year
almost 2 years ago
I am currently seeking a Fire Safety Advisor to join a well-established education organization based in London.
This position offers an excellent opportunity for an individual who is seeking a role within an organisation that no two days are the same. As the Fire Safety Advisor, you will be part of a cohesive and supportive team environment within a role that has opportunity to lead Fire Safety within a leading creative educational organisation. The next Fire Safety Advisor will ideally be based in or around the London area with travel to a range of sites within campus and accommodation properties.
Why this is a great opportunity:
This is an opportunity to work for an educational organisation that is well renowned in its space. This organisation offers an extremely diverse role with the variety of multisite travel and stunning corporate office base.
As the Fire Safety Advisor your responsibilities will include:
- To provide competent advice and guidance on all aspects of fire safety management to Estates (facilities and projects), accommodation services, the Colleges and across the wider university.
- Undertake and manage delivery of scheduled fire risk assessments in accordance with the University’s procedures. Undertake ad hoc/ temporary fire risk assessments for shows and events, and for any building works/ alterations as necessary. Provide advice on safe systems of work to minimise fire safety risks.
- Develop, implement, review and update the University’s fire safety policy, fire management arrangements and fire safety procedures to ensure that the University remains compliant with statutory and regulatory requirements.
- Support development and maintenance of operational fire safety plans for UAL buildings.
- Support the creation of Personal Emergency Evacuation Plans (PEEPs) and General Emergency Evacuation Plans (GEEPs) for staff and students working with course tutors, HR, Student Disability Services and the College H&S advisors etc to do so.
The ideal Fire Safety Advisor will have:
- Third party certificated as either a fire risk assessor or auditor, through the Institution of Fire Engineers’ Register of Fire Risk Assessors and Auditors or similar or working towards certification.
- Relevant fire safety professional qualifications and / or working towards membership with Institution of Fire Engineers or similar organisation.
- The post holder will need to demonstrate suitable experience in both inspection and management of fire safety in a relevant organisation (open to backgrounds with a preference for higher education and Creative arts).
- Desirable attributes: Degree in science, health & safety or an engineering discipline / NEBSOH General Certificate.
In return, the successful Fire Safety Advisor will be offered a salary of up to £49,000 plus package.
This is an urgent requirement and we have immediate interview availability over the coming two weeks. To ensure you don’t miss out on this excellent opportunity, please reply to us today to express your interest.