£52k - 56k per year + Package
over 1 year ago
I am currently seeking a Fire Safety Officer to join a well-established and leading education organization based in London.
This position offers an excellent opportunity for an individual who is seeking a role within an organisation that no two days are the same. As the Fire Safety Officer, you will be part of a cohesive and supportive team environment with other Fire Safety professionals who you will be able to work with and develop alongside within a leading educational organisation.
They are one of the most diverse Higher education organisations in the UK offering a range of courses within a variety of disciplines and risk levels. The next Fire Safety Officer will ideally be based in or around the London area with travel to a range of sites within campus and accommodation properties.
Why this is a great opportunity:
This is an opportunity to work for an educational organisation that is well renowned in its space. This organisation offers an extremely diverse role with the variety of multisite travel within a truly diverse risk portfolio.
As the Fire Safety Officer your responsibilities will include:
- The implementation and delivery of the fire safety management systems, including liaison with departments, to ensure compliance and good practice
- The implementation and delivery of fire risk assessments, fire safety audits and reviews;
- The delivery of a range of fire safety training and familiarisation both formally and informally
- Providing specialist technical advice to inform the compilation of Personal Emergency
- Escape Plans (PEEP), where required
- Identifying and taking appropriate actions on fire and safety non-compliances
- Provide general support and assistance to the organisations Estate’s capital and maintenance building projects, from feasibility to completion
- Collation of information and statistics to identify trends in fire safety provision, incidents and causes of alarm activations and compilation of associated reports and data bases
The ideal Fire Safety Officer will have:
- Hold an Institution of Fire Engineers membership (Ideally GIFireE / Fire Engineering Degree)
- Third party certificated as either a fire risk assessor or auditor, through the Institutionof Fire Engineers’ Register of Fire Risk Assessors and Auditors or similar, or working towards certification;
- Excellent computer literacy, including use of Outlook e-mail, Word, Excel, Projects, Aerobat, Web base programmes and AutoCAD (with training);
- An Ability to work as part of a team as well as work with minimal supervision
In return, the successful Fire Safety Advisor will be offered an exceptional package over and above their Salary that is more advantageous than any other within the sector.
This is an urgent requirement and we have immediate interview availability over the coming two weeks. To ensure you don’t miss out on this excellent opportunity, please reply to us today to express your interest.