01252 759 162
6 months ago
Newly created Group Environment, Health and Safety Lead position – Home-based - Competitive Salary + attractive benefits package.
Are you seeking a fresh challenge with the autonomy to truly shape the role as your own?
Are you passionate about Health and Safety, and working for a business who truly believe in safety first?
If so, this could be a fantastic opportunity for you!
Principal People are delighted to be recruiting for an incredibly exciting and significant, Group Environment, Health and Safety Lead to join a growing global engineering organisation. This globally recognised, market leading company are offering the successful candidate full autonomy to make a proactive difference within the organisation and shape EHS strategy for the business. It is a home-based position with occasional travel to sites in Europe.
The Group EHS Lead will have a unique opportunity to develop new standards for the organisation in the way they shape and lead Health and Safety within the business. Reporting directly to the Head of EHS you will play a key part in contributing EHS improvements across the group offering an exceptional platform for a Health and Safety professional to enhance their career further and represent a renowned industry leader who are ever growing in size and market share.
Why work for this company?
- Newly created position due to rapid growth within the organisation
- Close interaction with the Head of EHS enabling mentoring and professional development.
- Working for a prestigious company offering ample development and training opportunities
- Lots of variation within the role and chance to implement new projects in EHS
- Being part of a fully invested team with excellent buy-in to EHS from the business and Site Leads
Key responsibilities of this strategic and operational role include:
- Responsible for imbedding a continuous improvement culture to ensure systems and processes are always in line with group strategy
- Reviewing the organisations EHS performance and creating strategic proposals gaining commitment from a variation of stakeholders develop these across the business
- Providing leadership and expertise to all operational teams across the business on all EHS matters, providing coaching and assurance
- Developing and driving implementation of programmes which tackle critical safety issues
The successful Group EHS Lead will hold:
- Experience within the Manufacturing or Engineering industries
- NEBOSH Diploma or equivalent as a minimum qualification
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Please note due to the high volume of applicants if you have not heard back within 10 working days unfortunately your application has not been successful.