£40k - 48.5k per year
almost 2 years ago
Group Health and Safety Manager - Multi-Site – up to £48,500 + Car and Additional Benefits
Principal People are pleased to be working with a prestigious manufacturing organisation, looking to source an experienced Group Health and Safety Manager to take on a group position, setting strategy and overhauling the health and safety culture within the business.
The organisation is seeking support for multiple sites across the midlands and the UK. Reporting into the Business Director, who is CMIOSH qualified himself. There is significant scope to make changes and improvements within the role and you will have excellent backing from the board.
Why this is a great opportunity:
- Working for an extremely successful and industry leading company who can offer a real varied, high-risk and challenging environment to work in.
- This is an excellent opportunity to really develop your leadership skills and work at a strategic level, shaping the health and safety as you see fit.
- Work with a CMIOSH qualified Director who is an advocate for health and safety and has previous experience of working within the role.
Core responsibilities will include:
- Working closely with Site Managers to achieve best practice in health and safety.
- Initially, doing a gap analysis of the business in terms of health and safety and seeing where immediate improvements need to be made.
- Setting a companywide Health and Safety strategy and drive this forward on the sites.
- Driving health and safety culture and safety behaviour and working to continuously improve it.
- Improving the process for accident investigations and root cause analysis, helping safety performance to improve dramatically from this.
The ideal candidate will possess significant experience of working in a health and safety management position within a manufacturing environment and must hold the NEBOSH Diploma or equivalent.
Essential requirements include:
- NEBOSH Diploma or Equivalent.
- Excellent communication and influencing skills.
- Being able to work with management collaboratively and effectively influence at all levels of a business.
- Working autonomously and being able to manage your own diary.
This is a fantastic opportunity to secure a role which can offer excellent variation, and a fresh challenge for an experienced health and safety professional.
If this is of interest to you, please apply to firstname.lastname@example.org.