£60k - 70k per year
over 2 years ago
Group Health and Safety Manager – up to 70k plus extensive package including £7,920 car allowance Based in Basingstoke
Principal People are delighted to be recruiting for an incredibly exciting and significant, Group Health and Safety Manager to join a highly reputable Manufacturing organisation. This globally recognised market leading company are offering the successful candidate full autonomy to make their mark in this role and directing the health and safety strategy for the site.
The Group Health and Safety Manager will have a unique opportunity to develop new standards for the organisation in the way they shape and lead Health and Safety within the business. Reporting directly to the Operations Director, the appointed Group Health and Safety Manager will directly manage three Health and Safety Advisors, also coaching and influencing Operation managers to achieve specific tasks in Health and Safety.
This excellent opportunity offers an exceptional platform for a Health and Safety professional to enhance their career further and represent a renowned industry leader who are ever increasing.
Key responsibilities of this strategic and operational role include:
- Responsible for imbedding a continuous improvement culture to ensure systems and processes are always in line with external and internal Health and safety Policy.
- Managing and leading a team of Health and Safety professionals
- Reviewing the organisations Health and Safety policies and procedures, creating strategic proposals and gaining commitment from the board to develop these across the business
- Providing leadership and expertise to all operational teams across the business on all Health and Safety matters, acting as the point of contact
- Developing and driving implementation of programmes which tackle critical safety issues.
- Site inspections, audits, accident investigations as required.
The successful Group Health and Safety Manager will hold:
- Experience within the Manufacturing or Engineering industries
- NEBOSH Diploma or equivalent as a minimum
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Previous experience managing a team with direct links to major stakeholders and the ability to make an impact from day one, this is a truly rare and challenging opportunity which is an incredible career opportunity.
If you are interested in discussing this further, please apply today by sending your most up to date CV to F.Jontson@principalpeople.co.uk
In return the salary is up to £70,000 + company car + pension scheme + health care + 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays.