£80k - 100k per year
01252 759 162
4 months ago
Newly created Group Health, Safety and Environment Manager– UK wide (home or office base) £80K-100K + 25 days holiday + Package
An exceptional opportunity has arisen for a Group Health, Safety and Environment Manager for a fast growing services company.
The organisation have rapidly expanded organically and via acquisition over the past decade and now have over 5000 staff within the business. Due to this growth, the company are now looking to appoint a Senior HSE professional to set the strategic direction of the business and further imbed leading HSE practices throughout the operation.
Reporting to the CEO and operating over 19 UK sites, the role will require both a strategic and operational approach to HSE.
Working for a modern, fast-paced business, the Group Health, Safety and Environment Manager will enjoy autonomy and variety across their working week.
The successful Regional HSE Manager will be responsible for:
- Delivering a HSE Gap Analysis across the business and setting a strategy with short, medium and long term goals
- Working across the UK ensuring a consistent approach on how sites are supported and audited
- Working with a range of business unit GMs and working to ensure standardisation across the sites
- Supporting the drive of a pro-active culture by actively supporting the operational teams including solutions and sharing good practice
- Working in partnership with other HSE professionals and GMs and Operational Leads to ensure consistency and understanding key priorities
- Actively delivering an Improvement programme by engaging with the operational teams and supporting them in the development and review of the projects
- Leading the implementation of improvement programmes across all business units
- Ensure buy-in from GMs and operational teams to support the effectiveness of the delivery
- Ensure there are touch points at all levels to ensure appropriate communication and influence within the operational teams
- Managing stakeholder expectations ensuring all activities are in line with improvement programmes and wider HSE strategy
Required Qualifications / Experience
- The NEBOSH Diploma / a degree in Occupational Health, Safety and Environment or have an equivalent qualification
- Ideally the individual will have experience working within an Engineering, Manufacturing, Logistics or similar process-led / industrial background
The organisation offers a competitive salary and generous wider package.
Principal People have been retained exclusively as a search partner to the business, to contribute to shaping their HSE team. If you are interested in this outstanding opportunity, please apply to Thomas Minshell at Principal People to register your interest in the role. All direct and third-party applications will be forwarded to Principal People.