£55k per year + Exceptional Package
over 1 year ago
Principal People have been exclusively retained by GreenSquare Group to find a talented health, safety and compliance professional who is keen to make a difference. They are a major provider of housing, care and commercial services delivered through its 12,000 owned and managed properties across Wiltshire, Oxfordshire and Gloucestershire.
GreenSquare Group was founded in 2008 but parts of the group date back to 1866, driven by the mission to tackle the poor state of housing conditions to those in need. They have stuck close to this original mission and have developed an innovative approach to help change the lives of its residents and those who benefit from the support of the group.
The group is built up of six separate business area’s - GreenSquare Community Housing is to support those in need and deliver care within the community, GreenSquare Estates offer estates and grounds management services across the region, GreenSquare Construction develop properties and through GreenSquare Energy acts as a dedicated maintenance team also known as a ‘DLO’.
This role follows a review of how the organisation manage health, safety and property compliance following Ruth Cooke’s appointment as CEO. The role will play a lead in the Group to develop a positive safety culture, develop a team and create a robust method of managing property compliance with the foresight to innovate in line with the review of building safety in light of the current reform driven by Dame Judith Hackitt’s report ‘Building a Safety Future’.
This role will be supported by a dedicated health and safety team working alongside an asset management and compliance team. The organisation has recently reviewed its executive structure and it is currently one of the groups top priorities to create a robust safety function that is fit for purpose and can be an example in the region of safety excellence.
Key responsibilities of this equally strategic and operational role include:
- Leading the development and implementation of the Health & Safety strategy to promote not only safe workplace’s but safe communities and homes
- Creating strategic plans for the future of GreenSquares Health and Safety procedures and policies in relation to their company values
- Developing and implementing processes to achieve a robust property compliance function with emphasis of electrical safety, Gas Safety, Fire Safety, Asbestos Management, Water Hygiene (legionella) and Lift’s
- Working alongside the Head of Risk and Assurance to drive a positive safety culture within the organisation and map out a journey to take the association forward
- Rigorously reviewing the performance of Health and Safety throughout GreenSquares portfolio
The successful Group Safety, Health, Environment and Fire Manger will possess:
- A track record of delivering improved Health and Safety performance at senior management level, within a housing or property related background
- A NEBOSH Diploma (or equivalent qualification and/or experience working at a similar level)
- Experience of managing a range of stakeholder relationships, establishing shared goals in pursuing tangible delivery of agreed objectives
- A strong drive and hunger to make a real difference and completely redesign the way safety is managed
- The ability to inspire, motivate and direct a diverse and professional workforce to achieve a high quality, value driven team
With direct links to major stakeholders and the ability to make an impact from day one, this is a unique position and an incredible career opportunity. If you are interested in discussing this further, please apply today.
If you would like to discuss further, please contact our retained Recruitment Partners - Principal People and speak to Reece Rowden 01252 954 954 or Aleks Smolski 01252 954 953 for an informal and confidential discussion.