£40k - 50k per year
01252 759 162
about 2 months ago
Health and Safety Advisor – Logistics – Maidstone – £40,000 - £45,000
Are you seeking a fresh challenge with the autonomy to truly shape the role as your own?
Are you passionate about Health and Safety, and working for a business who truly believe in safety first?
If so, this could be a fantastic opportunity for you.
This role is a great opportunity to work within a large family ran business, who are extremely dedicated towards excellent HSE performance. You will be based near Maidstone and will occasionally travel to sites in Sittingbourne and Aylesford.
The position is working within the H&S Operations Department and will have a strong focus upon behavioural safety engagement towards Safety, Health and Environment. Your role will also include delivering training and improvement programmes.
We would love to see CVs from people who have:
- A NEBOSH General Certificate
- 3 years + experience within a dedicated Health and Safety Position
- Ideally experience within a Logistics, Warehousing or Manufacturing Environment although not essential
- Ideally a Technical member of IOSH or be willing to achieve Tech IOSH Status
As the Health and Safety Advisor, you will be responsible for:
- Managing the day-to-day Health and Safety on an operational basis
- Creating and driving a positive Health and Safety culture, through coaching, training, and support
- Reviewing of risk assessments and safe systems of work
- Monitoring standards and procedures
- Identify Health and Safety risks and develop effective risk reduction
- Delivering Health and Safety training
- Investigating accidents and investigations and working on a solution to reduce the risk of these reoccurring
What is good about this role?:
- You will be working in a fast-paced environment, where every day is different, and you will be exposed to different risks to enhance your career
- The business is growing, so there will be an opportunity for the role to grow as well in the future
- As the company are family run they have a strong focus upon employee wellbeing, and there are few limitations to implement safety initiatives
If the opportunity is of interest, please apply today as we would love to hear from you.