£75k - 90k per year + Package
over 1 year ago
Head of Environment
A unique opportunity has arisen for a Head of Environment with a nationally recognised, leading principal contractor with a focus on the rail sector. Principal People are delighted to announce that we have been retained exclusively as a search partner to the business, to contribute to shaping their existing HSEQ leadership team.
Reporting to the Project Director, with a dotted line to the HSEQ Director, as the successful Head of Environment, you will benefit from working with a committed senior leadership team with a positive attitude towards environment and sustainability. In this truly unique role, you will have the autonomy to shape the strategy for the environmental direction across several contracts, totalling over £1billion in value.
Operating from home, with some weekly travel to the sites in Southern England under your remit, this is an excellent chance to work for an organisation who strive for the highest levels of environmental and sustainability standards.
Why this is a great opportunity:
- You will be joining a major Network Rail Principal Contractor, where you will focus purely on environmental strategy and improvement programmes
- It is joining a financially stable and growing business that has secured long term upgrades and renewals contracts, ensuring their future success for 10+ years
- You will have the ability to shape the role as your own and become an environmental leader in an organisation who can offer you full support and excellent resources
- There is a focus and passion for progression for all staff within the wider group and global business
- There is access to key stakeholders within the business, giving you an excellent opportunity to influence change and make a real impact on safety performance
As the Head of Environment, you will be responsible for:
- Working with key stakeholders, coaching them around best practice and influencing and engaging to deliver best in sector performance
- Shaping the environmental culture across several long-term track focused contracts
- Leading and monitoring the implementation of environmental strategies and systems, ensuring they align with the wider corporate objectives
- Ensuring consent and permits are gained across all projects and contracts
- Monitoring and continuously improve environmental performance
The successful Head of Environment will:
- Be a people focused individual, who is passionate about changing cultures and behaviours
- Hold an environmentally focused degree
- Have significant environmental experience gained within large national or international principal contractor
- Hold a membership of a relevant professional body
- Be a strategically minded individual, comfortable operating both strategically and operationally, with the ability to engage at all levels
In return, the successful Head of Environment will be offered between £75k-£90k, plus a 20% Discretionary Bonus, Matched Pension Scheme, 4 x Life Assurance, Family Private Medical, Company Car or £7,500 Car allowance.
If this could be of interest, please apply now for your opportunity to register your application.