£55k-£65k + car/car allowance and extensive package
almost 2 years ago
Head of Environment and Sustainability – Near Wakefield – Up to £65k + Extensive Package
A unique opportunity has arisen for a Head of Environment and Sustainability with a nationally recognised, leading principal contractor with a focus on the civil engineering and rail sectors. Principal People are delighted to announce that after several successful placements within the environment and sustainability team, we are continuing to support the growth of this highly successful team.
Reporting to the HSEQ Director, as the successful Head of Environment and Sustainability, you will benefit from working with a committed senior leadership team with a positive attitude towards environment and sustainability. In this truly unique role, you will have the autonomy to shape the strategy for the environmental direction across several contracts, totalling nearly £500m.
Operating from near Wakefield, with some weekly travel to the sites and offices across the UK under your remit, this is an excellent chance to work for an organisation who strive for the highest levels of environmental and sustainability standards.
Why this is a great opportunity:
- You will be joining a major Network Rail Principal Contractor, where you will focus purely on environmental strategy and improvement programmes
- It is joining a financially stable and growing business that has secured long term upgrades and renewals contracts
- You will have the ability to shape the role as your own and become an environmental leader in an organisation who can offer you full support and excellent resources
- There is access to key stakeholders within the business, giving you an excellent opportunity to influence change and make a real impact on environmental performance
As the Head of Environment and Sustainability, you will be responsible for:
- Working with key stakeholders, coaching them around best practice and influencing and engaging to deliver best in sector performance
- Leading a team of technical specialists across all areas of environment and sustainability
- Leading and monitoring the implementation of environmental strategies and systems, ensuring they align with the wider corporate objectives
- Liaising with regulatory bodies and ensuring consent and permits are gained across all projects and contracts
- Monitoring and continuously improve environmental performance
The successful Head of Environment and Sustainability will:
- Be a people focused individual, who is passionate about changing cultures and behaviours
- Hold an environmentally focused degree
- Have significant environmental experience gained within large national or international principal contractor
- Be a strategically minded individual, comfortable operating both strategically and operationally, with the ability to engage at all levels
In return, the successful Head of Environment and Sustainability will be offered between £55k-£65k, Company Car or £6,000 Car allowance and a Matched Pension Scheme.
If this could be of interest, please apply now for your opportunity to register your application.