£75,000 to £90,000 + Car Allowance + Bonus + Package
9 months ago
Head of Health and Safety – London Centric - *Leading Property Management Organisation* - £75,000 to £90,000 + Car Allowance + Bonus + Package
Principal People are delighted to have been exclusively retained by a leading, multi-billion pound turnover Property Management organisation, to lead safety within a newly formed group business of theirs.
The company is heavily financially backed, growing quickly and has a solid foundation of policies and systems already in place. The existing policies, procedures and management systems keep business operations running safely, however, the business are striving for excellence and are bought in to the idea of health and safety being a key part of the company’s growth and future.
Reporting in to the company’s Group Director, as the successful Head of Health and Safety you will benefit from working amongst the company’s committed Executive Team and board who all possess a committed and positive attitude towards HSEQ.
Why this is a great opportunity:
- You will be joining a business at a very exciting time in their journey, with a ‘start up’ feel – but with the security and safety of having heavy financial backing and a strong infrastructure
- This is an opportunity to lead, manage and innovate safety across a range of business operations
- You will have direct access to Executive and board level members, being aligned with business strategy and having an opportunity to influence
- The business will support you in your vision in shaping a strong health and safety culture throughout the business
As the Head of Health and Safety you will be responsible for:
- Implementing a reporting system in the business that will help measure safety metrics
- Understanding the policies and procedures that already exist within the business and changing / innovating these to optimise performance
- Being the focal point of health and safety within the business, overseeing governance and compliance also
- Providing health and safety guidance, oversight and advice for the Board of Directors to ensure safety is paramount at all times
- Developing and embedding an improved safety culture which is class leading and embraced by all employees by proactively promoting safety
The successful Head of Health and Safety will:
- Hold the NEBOSH Diploma or equivalent Health and Safety Qualification
- Have a proven track record gained at a strategic level within the following industries: Property Management, Retail, Real Estate / Estates, Rail
- Have a strategic mindset, comfortable operating at the most senior of levels
- Be a communicative influencer with existing leadership and management skills
- Be happy to be mostly London centric, with travel throughout the UK
In return, the successful Head of Health and Safety will be offered a salary of between £75,000 to £90,000 as a basic salary plus car allowance, bonus and additional package.