£60k - 70k per year
3 months ago
Head of Health and Safety – Up to £70k, plus package
An incredibly exciting newly created opportunity has arisen for a Head of Health and Safety within a fast-growing retail and distribution business. Principal People are delighted to announce that we are partnered with the business, to contribute to expanding their existing leadership and Health, Safety and Environmental Team.
Reporting to the Retail Operations Director, as the successful Head of Health and Safety you will benefit from working with the senior leadership team to continually develop a positive safety culture across their vast portfolio. Managing a team of 3 health and safety professionals, this is strategic role where you will be setting the direction for health, safety and environment across the business, whilst also taking a collaborative approach to ensure continuity with the wider group.
Operating from a home-based capacity, with some travel to head office and UK sites (with the opportunity for future international travel), this is an excellent chance to work for a rapidly expanding business, who also have a strong presence in Europe. You will be joining at an exciting time, with many new stores being opened this year, as well as an ever-increasing overseas presence.
Why this is a great opportunity:
- Chance to join a rapidly expanding diverse business (fastest growing business in the group)
- Operating in a newly created role, with a genuine opportunity to shape the role as your own, whilst having a positive effect on the business
- An autonomous role, where you can recruit and develop your own team
- Exciting opportunities for progression within the wider group
As the Head of Health and Safety you will be responsible for:
- Supporting the wider business leaders in deploying and implementing new HSE initiatives and priorities
- Recruiting and leading your own team to ensure thorough effectiveness from HSE across the business
- Creating new policies and procedures to set the HSE strategy, ensuring these are truly embedded at all levels across the organisation
- Continuously improving health, safety and environmental management systems
- Leading a transformational behavioural change project across the business, further increasing a positive health and safety culture
The successful Head of Health and Safety will:
- Hold the NEBOSH Diploma or equivalent Health and Safety Qualification
- Be a Chartered Member of IOSH or hold Graduate Membership and be actively working towards CMIOSH status
- Have significant health, safety and environmental experience gained within large national or international multi-site organisation
- Be a people focused individual, who is passionate about changing cultures and behaviours
- Be a strategically minded individual, comfortable operating and communicating with key stakeholders within a fast paced and large organization
- Have existing leadership and management skills
In return, the successful Head of Health and Safety will be offered a salary of between £60-70k, plus pension and package.
Please apply now for your chance to be considered for this excellent opportunity