£95k - 105k per year
about 1 year ago
Head of Health and Safety – National – Up to £105k DOE, plus competitive package
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Head of Health and Safety to join a leading facilities management business and service provider to a variety of sectors. Principal People are delighted to announce that we have been retained exclusively as a search partner to the organisation, building on an established partnership, to contribute to shaping their existing leadership within their Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality Team.
Reporting to the HR Director, but will a close working relationship with the CEO, as the successful Head of Health and Safety you will benefit from an autonomous position, working with a committed Senior Leadership Team with a positive attitude towards HSEQ. This is a strategic role where you will be responsible for setting the direction for health, safety and environment across the business for the UK and Ireland region.
Operating from one of a number of UK hubs with travel to other sites, this is an excellent chance to work for a well-established business, with an enviable attitude towards health, safety, environmental and quality management. You will be joining at an exciting time in which the business maintains an excellent financial position and is projected continued growth and success for the future.
Why this is an excellent opportunity:
- The chance to join a diverse and high performing group, at a divisional level, offering genuine future opportunities for progression
- The ability to work within a global organisation, with a variety of blue-chip clients and internationally recognised brands
- You will have autonomy, offering the ability to shape strategy at a divisional level within the business
- You will have access to necessary key stakeholders within the organisation, whilst working closely with the CEO and a committed Senior Leadership Team
- Working within a pragmatic organisation, where safety is embedded into the heart of all that they do, as well as a commitment to maintaining zero carbon, not only for themselves but the businesses and communities they serve
As the Head of Health and Safety you will be responsible for:
- Supporting the wider business leaders in deploying and implementing new HSE initiatives and priorities
- Managing and leading your own team to ensure thorough effectiveness from strategies and programmes across the division
- Creating new policies and procedures to set the HSE strategy for division, ensuring these are truly embedded at all levels
- Continuously improving health, safety and environmental management systems and maintaining accreditations
To be strongly considered for this opportunity, the successful Head of Health and Safety will:
- Have experience of working in a senior / Head Of level HSE role in a large or multinational business, with significant strategic influence
- Have a proven track record in leading a dispersed and diverse team of HSE professionals
- Have a forward-thinking and pragmatic approach to developing long term strategies, with proven experience of reporting to and influencing executive stakeholders
- Have an appreciation of risk within a consumer service environment, having operated in a senior capacity within a large service-based organisation including; FM, corporate construction, energy, Property, Retail, Hospitality, Leisure or Healthcare
- Hold a NEBOSH Diploma or equivalent qualification as a minimum
In return, the successful Head of Health and Safety will be offered a highly competitive salary, paying up to £105k DOE, plus a car allowance, 20% bonus, private medical for family, life assurance and a range of flexible employee benefits.
If this could be of interest, please apply to Principal People now for your opportunity to register your application.