£45k - 50k per year
01252 759 162
about 1 year ago
I am currently looking for a practitioner to Lead on Health and Safety for a fantastic Charitable organisation based in London and Northampton.
This position offers an excellent opportunity for an individual who is seeking a role within an organisation who are less focussed on their annual profits but more around the management of their amazing sites. As the Lead for Health and Safety you will be based from home with regular travel in to London and Northampton 1-2 times per week with a really flexible working arrangement that ensures a positive work/life balance. The successful candidate will have a diverse portfolio of sites under their remit with support from a team to assist in carrying out the highest level service.
As the Head of Health and Safety your responsibilities will include:
- Act as the responsible person for all Health and Safety matters throughout the organisation, identifying and responding to current legal and best practice requirements.
- Set the strategic direction for effective health and safety management and appropriate workplace wellbeing programmes for the organisation’s employees, including mental health first aid.
- Support the organisation in meeting and delivering its strategic objectives and corporate social responsibilities.
- Work closely with the Health and Safety Manager and Advisor to ensure compliance requirements are being controlled, documented, and maintained in accordance with regulations and guidelines
The ideal Head of Health and Safety will be/have:
- Qualified to a NEBOSH Diploma or equivalent level 6 qualification within Occupational Health and Safety (NVQ level 5 / NCRQ Level 6 Diploma)
- Ideally hold a Chartered Membership with IOSH (CMIOSH) yet open to those who are working towards.
- Experience carrying out both strategic and operational Health and Safety tasks within a multidiscipline organisation in an autonomous capacity across multiple sites (Open to backgrounds with a preference for Charitable, Education, Leisure organisations yet open to other relevant Public Facing multi-disciplined backgrounds that have similar dynamics).
- Outgoing individual that has an approachable personality, great communication skills and most importantly a solution focused practitioner who is able to build strong and positive working relationships across multiple sites to improve a wider safety culture. A facilitator, an enabler, influencer.
In return, the successful Head of Health and Safety will be offered a salary of up to £50,000 + package.
This is an urgent requirement and we have immediate interview availability over the coming three weeks. To ensure you don’t miss out on this excellent opportunity, please reply to us today to express your interest.