£53k - 64k per year
01252 759 162
5 months ago
Head of Health and Safety - £53,000 to £64,000 + 42 days holiday + excellent package - London
This position offers an excellent opportunity for an individual who is seeking a role within an organisation in which no two days are the same. As the Operational Head of Health and Safety you will be part of an organisation who is going through significant change within a role that has opportunity to work with a range of different sites within the London area that vary in risk level and diversity. You will be the lead a team of four direct reports who manage a diverse range of education organisations throughout the London area and will lease with a number of other key stakeholders to ensure a positive H&S culture and general Compliance for the organisation.
As the Head of Health and Safety your responsibilities will include:
- Managing 4 Health and Safety Advisors ensuring that they have development plans in place, carrying out regular one-to-ones and completing probationary/ performance reviews in accordance with the University’s HR procedures.
- Implementing the organisations Safety, Health and Wellbeing Strategy, as set by the Director of Health and Safety, and contribute to reviews of the Strategy’s progress and effectiveness.
- Monitoring Departmental compliance with relevant UK health and Safety Regulations, and the organisations health and safety management system. Develop and implement remedial actions to address any shortfalls in compliance in agreement with the Director of Health and Safety and responsible managers within the Departments. Make recommendations for improvements in the management system.
- Supporting the Departmental leadership teams in developing and understanding their health and safety risk profiles and ensure that these inform their local management responsibilities and arrangements for health and safety.
The ideal Head of Health and Safety will have:
- NEBOSH Diploma or equivalent within Occupational Health and Safety (Will consider candidates working towards this with extremely tangible experience)
- Experience carrying out operational Health and Safety tasks within a multidiscipline organisation in an autonomous capacity (Open to backgrounds with a preference for Education, Entertainment Industry (TV, Theatre etc), Property Management, Property Development)
- Outgoing individual that has an approachable personality, great communication skills and most importantly a solution focused practitioner who can engage staff and increase Health and Safety buy within the organisation
- A problem-solving attitude and experience of working with senior teams to change culture is essential
- Experience leading / managing a team is an essential requirement due to the fact they will have 4 senior Health and Safety practitioners reporting into them.
In return, the successful Head of Health and Safety will be offered a salary of up to £64,000 + 42 days holiday + package.
This is an urgent requirement and we have immediate interview availability over the coming three weeks. To ensure you don’t miss out on this excellent opportunity, please reply to us today to express your interest.