£50k - 60k per year + Package
01252 759 162
about 1 month ago
Head of Health and Safety - Home Based - Up to £60,000 starting salary + £4,500 Car Allowance
I am currently looking for a safety professional to Lead on Health and Safety for a small but forward thinking housing association specialising in supporting with independence.
This position offers an excellent opportunity for an individual who is seeking a role within an organisation who are less focussed on their annual profits but more around the management of their amazing sites. As the Lead for Health and Safety you will be based from home with travel across the housing stock. The successful candidate will have a diverse portfolio of sites under their remit with support from a compliance team to assist in carrying out the highest level service and readying the association for the upcoming changes in building safety.
As the Head of Health and Safety your responsibilities will include:
- Act as the responsible person for all Safety matters throughout the organisation, identifying and responding to current legal and best practice requirements.
- Set the strategic direction for effective safety management and appropriate building safety programmes for the organisation’s portfolio of high risk buildings.
- Support the organisation in meeting and delivering its strategic objectives and corporate social responsibilities.
- Work closely with the Compliance, Development and Asset Management teams to ensure compliance requirements are being controlled, documented, and maintained in accordance with regulations and guidelines
The ideal Head of Health and Safety will be/have:
- Qualified to a NEBOSH Diploma or equivalent level 6 qualification within Occupational Health and Safety (NVQ level 5 / NCRQ Level 6 Diploma)
- Ideally hold a Chartered Membership with IOSH (CMIOSH) yet open to those who are working towards.
- Experience carrying out both strategic and operational Health and Safety tasks within a multidiscipline organisation in an autonomous capacity across multiple sites (Open to backgrounds with a preference for House Build, Social Housing, Property Management, Estates Services and Facilities Management any other relevant sectors that deal with property related safety and risk.
In return, the successful Head of Health and Safety will be offered a salary of up to £60,000 + package.
This is an urgent requirement and we have immediate interview availability over the coming three weeks. To ensure you don’t miss out on this excellent opportunity, please reply to us today to express your interest.