£70k - 75k per year
01252 759 162
3 months ago
Head of Health and Safety
A truly unique opportunity has arisen for a Head of Health and Safety to join a well-respected consortium, providing support for a number of leading high risk businesses.
Principal People are delighted to announce that we have been retained exclusively as a search partner to this prestigious organisation, helping to ensure they continue to provide a channel of communication and support to their members.
Reporting to the CEO, as the successful Head of Health and Safety you will benefit from sitting on the board and working with a committed senior leadership team with a positive attitude towards safety. Managing a team, this is a strategic role where you will be setting the direction for health, safety and environment across the organisation and effectively meeting members needs.
With a flexible approach to home-based working, there will be the opportunities for travel both in the UK and Europe with events, working groups and committees, meetings with external stakeholders and the requirement for 1-2 days a week in central London. This is an excellent chance to work for a well-established leader, who have a fantastic attitude towards health, safety and environment.
Why this is a great opportunity:
- Chance to join a diverse and prestigious organisation, supporting a number of varied high-risk businesses
- Access to necessary leaders within the organization, whilst sitting on the board reporting directly into the CEO
- A truly unique and highly desirable opportunity
As the Head of Health and Safety you will be responsible for:
- The coordination and implementation of the annual SHE Committee Work Plan and Consortium Business Plan
- Providing necessary SHE expertise to both the Consortium and its members
- Engaging with senior industry representatives and key stakeholders in government and other industry related bodies
- Delivery of the annual SHE Management Conference
The successful Head of Health and Safety will:
- Hold the NEBOSH Diploma or equivalent Health and Safety Qualification
- Have a proven leadership track record within health safety and environmental functions, including the development and implementation of new SHE standards and processes
- Have a detail-oriented approach to delivery
- Have strong relationship building capabilities, with both internal and external key stakeholders
- Have excellent presentation skills (written and verbal)
- Be a strategically minded individual, comfortable operating at board level within large and complex organisations
In return, the successful Head of Health and Safety will be offered a salary of between £70-75k, plus 33 days' holiday entitlement; Group Personal Pension Scheme, Annual Bupa Medical Assessment, Employee Assistance Programme and an interest-free season ticket or bike loan.
Please apply now for your chance to be considered for this outstanding opportunity.