£57k - 63k per year
over 2 years ago
I am currently looking for a Head of Health and Wellbeing to join a Local Government organisation based in Bristol. This is an excellent opportunity for a Health, Safety and Wellbeing professional looking to make a difference within a truly multi disciplined organisation as the head of a varied department.
As the Head of Health and Wellbeing you will lead a team of cohesive and supportive practitioners, with the chance to develop them and yourself in a wide variety of areas that come with working for a Council. The successful candidate will ideally be based in or around the Bristol area with travel to a range of sites all within the City limits.
Why is this a great opportunity?
This is an exciting opportunity to work for a Council who take Health and Safety seriously. The role is extremely varied with a combination of Health, Safety and Wellbeing operations under your remit and you will have backing from the senior leadership team to improve the perception of Health and Safety within the Council. You will be provided with the necessary tools to carry out the role to the highest standards across a diverse and exciting City, no two days will be the same!
The Successful Head of Health and Wellbeing will be responsible for:
- Ensuring that the Council effectively discharges its obligations to the regulatory authorities (Fire Authority, Health and Safety Executive, Public Health England) in respect of all health and safety matters e.g. reporting accidents and incidents.
- Providing confident leadership and clear management of significant and complex high-risk projects and/or programmes.
- Developing a positive Health and Safety culture within an organisation
- Actively promoting health and wellbeing to all employees and their managers.
- Being the Council’s designated adviser on all occupational health and safety matters as required by the Management of Health and Safety Regulations 1999.
The ideal Head of Health and Wellbeing will:
- Hold a NEBOSH Diploma as a minimum (ideally CMIOSH)
- Possess team leader experience within Health and Safety for a multi-disciplined organisation with an ability to engage at all levels (Open to backgrounds with a preference for (Local Gov / Property Management / Facilities)
- Outgoing individual that has an approachable personality and most importantly a solution focused practitioner who open to a working for an organisation that requires flexibility from their employees.
- Have demonstrable experience working within a multi-disciplined organisation.
- Be a solution focussed practitioner with a passion about influencing positive Health, Safety and Wellbeing culture.
In return, the successful Head of Health and Wellbeing will be offered a salary of up to £63,000 plus 32 days leave including bank holidays and an exceptional pension scheme.
We have interview availability over the next two weeks. To ensure you don’t miss out on this excellent opportunity, please apply today to express your interest.